Bloom from Enbseries Generic v76

• Kuhlmann
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #1 by Kuhlmann Bloom from Enbseries Generic v76 was created by Kuhlmann
Is it possible to recreate the bloom from this Enb in Reshade?
http://imgur.com/8fcmD6D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Bloom from Enbseries Generic v76
Sure. Only problem I see is that the enbbloom.fx is not well documented so it's not easily discernable what pass runs how often and what input and output texture there is (the technique has no info for that as I know that one pass runs multiple times). I can however recreate the DX11 bloom from ENBSeries for Fallout 4.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Marty McFly.

• Elimina
More
7 years 9 months ago #3 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic Bloom from Enbseries Generic v76

Marty McFly wrote: I can however recreate the DX11 bloom from ENBSeries for Fallout 4.

I also second the idea of implemenitng something similar to the multipass bloom for fallout 4 enbseries. I has a very similar look compared to UE 4 in the modern enb preset which uses the bloom

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #4 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Bloom from Enbseries Generic v76
HDR bloom always looks cool. So, I've ported the Fallout 4 bloom with some modifications, here. I used the natural bloom modification by MaxTheUniqueGamer however as his tweaks make the bloom look smoother.

pastebin.com/VteB1rYi

standalone, not Framework/MasterEffect compatible. No external textures required.
ECC level adjustment in and out works like this: ECC_IN_BLACK 0.8 and ECC_OUT_BLACK 0.0 means that a pixel that has a brightness of 0.8 is mapped to 0.0 in output so anything darker than 0.8 is pure black. ECC_IN_WHITE 1.0 and ECC_OUT_WHITE 5.0 means that a pixel with brighness 1.0 is mapped to 5.0 in output. This is a very clever form of smooth thresholding. Very simple to use once you get used to it. For basic usage, leave ECC OUT BLACK at 0.0. Then IN BLACK and IN WHITE basically are smooth threshold and ECC OUT WHITE is the bloom intensity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SpinelessJelly, Elimina, Tycholarfero, Kuhlmann

• MaxG3D
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #5 by MaxG3D Replied by MaxG3D on topic Bloom from Enbseries Generic v76
It's nice to see the Natural Bloom ported to ReShade but I remember Boris saying that the current shader is very inefficient and even in the code there was a comment that the shader cycle losses a lot of pixels. Wouldn't it be better to port bloom from Skyrim version for instance?
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by MaxG3D.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #6 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Bloom from Enbseries Generic v76
Blur code is ineffective, yes, but not that bad, it's basically sampling everything in a square and discarding those outside of the largest circle fitting into the square. The blur algorithm itself can be replaced with something more effective, I just ported the default one. DooM 4 bokeh DOF code could be used, it's single pass circular blur.
The regular enbbloom.fx, I already said that the structure is not documented anywhere. For the fallout one, the technique makes car what pass comes after another but in the Skyrim one bloom pass 1 and 2 run multiple times with different internal parameters for blur width (even though they only show up once in the technique) etc. The work needed to port that isn't worth it, stock enb bloom isn't that good, you can see repeating patterns if you look close enough.

• Kuhlmann
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #7 by Kuhlmann Replied by Kuhlmann on topic Bloom from Enbseries Generic v76
It looks great. CanĀ“t wait if it gets implemented.
i.imgur.com/4t1rjCc.jpg
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Kuhlmann.

• MaxG3D
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #8 by MaxG3D Replied by MaxG3D on topic Bloom from Enbseries Generic v76
Marty, do you think that Kingeric Bicubic filtering could replace Boris blur and thus improve the quality/performance?: pastebin.com/raw/RTKzjtsu
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by MaxG3D.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 8 months ago #9 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Bloom from Enbseries Generic v76
Well, you can smoothen every blur shader by using bicubic filtering instead of plain texture sample but that of course quadruples the overhead. Better use a secodn blur step after.

The wasted performance in Boris' blur is that it samples everything in a square but discards everything outside a fitting circle so these samples are wasted. Any blur algorithm that uses a circular distribution (vogel distribution is good for stuff like these) or the distribution of the DooM 4 DoF shader is fine.

• Kuhlmann
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #10 by Kuhlmann Replied by Kuhlmann on topic Bloom from Enbseries Generic v76
Im just bumping this thread if it could get added to Reshade.
Also i got it working with Sweetfx 2.0 and went full saturation mode :P
imgur.com/LLlJ6DP

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 6 months ago #11 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Bloom from Enbseries Generic v76
I have been working on it lately, trying out various blur methods for maximum quality.

• Kuhlmann
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #12 by Kuhlmann Replied by Kuhlmann on topic Bloom from Enbseries Generic v76
Is it possible to reduce bloom on the hud, while raising ECC_OUT_WHITE?

• Martigen
More
7 years 2 months ago #13 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Bloom from Enbseries Generic v76
Marty is your HDR bloom Reshade 3.0 compatible?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.