Expand opportunity shader "YACA" for Marty McFly

• Runaman
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #1 by Runaman Expand opportunity shader "YACA" for Marty McFly was created by Runaman
Good day, Marty McFly

I do not have long moved on Reshade 2.0 and pleasantly found a lot of very useful things, allows you to make the game even better.

I was very hooked effect "YACA" !! And I'd like to use it in Fallout 4, it is a good idea to make the grout poor textures. And it creates a very different impressions going from the game. But there is one condition that does not allow its use. When activated, it blurs the entire screen, along with interface elements. For this game is critical, because used pipboy and other elements UI.

In general solution of the problem found in the same place in Reshade 2.0 settings from "Otis".
This method is used in "Shaders_by_Otis.cfg" "DepthHaze.fx"

And adjusted #define DEH_FogStart 0.4 //[0.2:1.0] //-Start of the fog. 0.0 is at the camera, 1.0 is at the horizon, 0.5 is halfway towards the horizon. Before this point no fog will appear

In this case, the parameter value of 0.4 is enough to move the Fog of interface elements (cameras) in depth.

I would like to increase the effect YACA blur in the game, but that it did not concern the interface,
ie understand the processing buffer to add depth.

I beg Marty McFly, expand opportunity YACA. Unfortunately I did not know anything about shaders ((

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Elimina
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #2 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic Expand opportunity shader "YACA" for Marty McFly

Runaman wrote: I was very hooked effect "YACA" !! And I'd like to use it in Fallout 4, it is a good idea to make the grout poor textures. And it creates a very different impressions going from the game. But there is one condition that does not allow its use. When activated, it blurs the entire screen, along with interface elements. For this game is critical, because used pipboy and other elements UI.

Due to the generic focus point of ReShade, none of the shaders are able to detect the HUD of any game, since ReShade cannot detect the HUD as a seperate entity unless you create a HUD mask. A HUD mask can be made easily by outlining the HUD in games and replacing the "uiMask" in ReShade\Shaders\Ganossa\Textures. The only problem is that ReShade does not detect new HUD elements that appear, such as pop ups and the pause menu.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Elimina.

• Runaman
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #3 by Runaman Replied by Runaman on topic Expand opportunity shader "YACA" for Marty McFly
Elimina, thanks for the proposed solution, which I decided to use.

But faced with problems on UIMask installations, I spent a lot of time to sort out,
so when eliminated all the problems, he decided to share the "roadmap"
all use the same UIMask correctly.

(1). An error occurs when you run UIMask default Reshade 2.0.1
"Shaders / Ganossa / UIMask.fx (51, 35): error X3011: value must be a literal expression"

It is therefore necessary to adjust the shader file:

1. Open *\ReShade\Shaders\Ganossa\UIMask.fx
2. Find
const static int uiTolHigh = pow(2,UIMask_Tolerance);
const static int uiTolLow = pow(2,int(max(0f,UIMask_Tolerance-(2*UIMask_Tolerance)/5)));
3. Replace to
const static int uiTolHigh = pow(2.0,UIMask_Tolerance);
const static int uiTolLow = pow(2.0,int(max(0f,UIMask_Tolerance-(2*UIMask_Tolerance)/5)));

(2) Enable Mask load from disk
#define UIMask_Direct 0 // 0: loads the mask from disk
then the file will be loaded mask - uiMask.png

if exhibi another option, It was my mistake for which I could not understand why the mask is not activated ..

// #define UIMask_Direct 1 - 1: loads the mask from memory;
This video shows how to dynamically generate the UI-mask, a debug mode is suitable, but not for the average player

(3) Prepare a mask image in paint.net editor, PNG 32bit,
{Width = 1920; Height = 1080; MipLevels = 1; Format = RGBA8; };

(4) run
It turns out this picture

What elements in the red circle, remain constant at all UI Screen.

It turns out that you need to edit the elements of UI Screen so that they do not stand out much, and more precisely to draw the mask.

Of course I understand that the use of YACA to use the depth buffer will bring an additional burden on performance.
But the use of the mask has its disadvantages, customize the interface part.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.