Request - Simple pseudo SSAO

• jas01
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by jas01 Request - Simple pseudo SSAO was created by jas01
Hello LuciferHawk :)

First of all thank's for all your work. I really appreciate everything you've done for us.

Your GEMFX 1.8 have "Pseudo SSAO" shader. Can you add this effect to Framework? This is very important for me. This effect can create very nice effect with "Cartoon" (from SweetFX). (Something very similar to Cavity map . ( 2 , 3 ).
My cartoon settings are:
Warning: Spoiler!

I'm using this effect in my graphical modification for The Witcher game. ( before and after - from 1.3 alpha) But I'd like to have (in my project) your Eye Adaptation shader, Pseudo DoF (This can be really great!) and other effects from Framework.

Please. As I already said - This is very important for me. ;)

With kind regards,
jas01
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by jas01.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Request - Simple pseudo SSAO
Is the witcher not providing any depth buffer access? :ohmy:

• jas01
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #3 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Request - Simple pseudo SSAO
Indeed. But I can get HBAO+ from nvidia drivers. (I found method for this) :)
HBAO+ works great with Pseudo SSAO + Cartoon. I wonder how your newest "Pseudo DOF" will looks in my project :). Is this something similar to Tilt Shift? But at the moment "Pseudo SSAO" is very important for my modification.

*Also - Sorry if my grammar is poor.

• jas01
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Request - Simple pseudo SSAO
Here you can see this effect:

# Witcher with HBAO+ and some lighting effects - link
#Witcher with HBAO+ and some lighting effects + color correction effects + Pseudo SSAO + Cartoon - link

_____ _____ _____

More images:
- Here oryginal game
- Here my modification (full version)
- Here my modification without Pseudo SSAO and Cartoon

As you can see Those two effects can together make something similar to actual SSAO.
So, Can you add this effect to Framework?

Cheers,
Johny

• Ganossa
More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Request - Simple pseudo SSAO
I would rather see Marty working on something similar, since his experience with AO speaks for itself but I will definitly take a note on my to-do list :side:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• jas01
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Request - Simple pseudo SSAO
Sure. No problem. :)

I guess I should write to Marty McFly.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.