Retina-simulation effect

• roxahris
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by roxahris Retina-simulation effect was created by roxahris
I was playing around with the GEMFX Motion Blur shader, and it reminded me of a unique effect I'd seen in The 3rd Birthday, where bright (bloomed) objects left ethereal trails across the screen. Further investigation led me to HEXADRIVE's page (Japanese) on the effect itself, which is actually meant to be akin to a simulation of the human visual system. They've even got a demo and links to references. While the effect itself seems to depend on having a proper setup of it, it seems like getting a similar look with an external shader could be possible, especially considering that motion blur shader already exists.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BillyAlt
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by BillyAlt Replied by BillyAlt on topic Retina-simulation effect
Wouldn't be difficult to achieve. One could reuse GemFX's motion blur solution, only blur on bright pixels, and blend with the image. Could make for an awesome effect.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Retina-simulation effect
I can have a look at it after the release (hopefully) this weekend of the new ReShade(1.0)+Framework+Mediator :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic Retina-simulation effect
One thing to be notice is that the afterimage is burn into eye, which means the visual illusion will follow where your eye is focusing on, not any fix position in full eyesight that frame represent.
So, it still looks fake after all those effort.

btw, it should be cool combining the effect with eye tracing hardware.

• Wicked Sick
More
8 years 9 months ago #5 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Retina-simulation effect
@LuciferHawk

If on this weekend ReShade does get the 1.0 release, will it also bring the JPulowski's deband?

reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/768-deband?limitstart=0

• Ganossa
More
8 years 9 months ago #6 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Retina-simulation effect
Yes, JPulowski already took his time to implement his deband shader (+ his paint shader) into the Framework which is located in our shared development repository :side:

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Retina-simulation effect

Wicked Sick wrote: If on this weekend ReShade does get the 1.0 release

Wait ... that is not necessarily true.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 9 months ago #8 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Retina-simulation effect

crosire wrote:

Wicked Sick wrote: If on this weekend ReShade does get the 1.0 release

Wait ... that is not necessarily true.

Yeah, not sure if you are ready :cheer: it was more about my own progress. (would need you in Skype by the way?)

• Wicked Sick
More
8 years 9 months ago #9 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Retina-simulation effect
I am sorry, should have written "in case of occurring a reshade update release" instead of stating its version number. Sorry about that.

And thank you a lot, all of you.

• matsilagi
More
8 years 9 months ago #10 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic Retina-simulation effect
No update on this? Damn, i would love to see it standalone or in the Framework.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.