Feedback to 3D Application from shader

• whitav8r
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by whitav8r Feedback to 3D Application from shader was created by whitav8r
Is there any way at all to provide feedback ( data) from the calculations of a Reshade shader to the host application? I would like to be able to return the closest (minimal) depth from the eyepoint in a view - this would be used as a sensor like a radar or laser return signal so that this min distance would help a flight simulator helicopter avoid obstacles.
Also, for Microsoft FSX, is it possible that the depth buffer results that are being used for DOF are not working - due to some failure of the application itself (or "does not allow depth buffer access")? I heard some mention of that on a forum and when I try DOF with MasterEffects, I simply get a blur for the whole scene. I am going to retry with McFX so I can set RFX_LogDepth=1. (BTW, which file - a .h or a .cfg do I edit like with MasterEffect.h) (Sorry for being a newbie!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.