[SOLVED] Screen Goes Black with Shaders ON

• paxton676
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #1 by paxton676 Screen Goes Black with Shaders ON was created by paxton676
On some of the OPENGL games I play the screen will go black. It doesn't do it with MasterEffect 302 or 308(Reborn). With 315 it doesn't either but the game stutters badly.

MasterEffect 321, 340, and SweetFX make the screen go black. The game Jets and Guns Gold goes black screen right after the intro and if you toggle shaders off the game is fine but no shaders. SweetFX makes the screen go black in Wizardry 8 only when casting a certain type of spell and you toggle shaders off the game is fine but no shaders. Also, within the SweetFX and MasterEffect configs you still get the black screen with all settings set to 0(off).

I am still using 308 Reborn on those games.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by paxton676.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robgrab
More
9 years 3 months ago #2 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Screen Goes Black with Shaders ON
Try Alt-Tabbing out and back in. That fixed Chronicles of Riddick for me.

• paxton676
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #3 by paxton676 Replied by paxton676 on topic Screen Goes Black with Shaders ON

robgrab wrote: Try Alt-Tabbing out and back in. That fixed Chronicles of Riddick for me.

Thank you but it doesn't work to fix this issue.

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 3 months ago #4 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic Screen Goes Black with Shaders ON

paxton676 wrote:

robgrab wrote: Try Alt-Tabbing out and back in. That fixed Chronicles of Riddick for me.

Thank you but it doesn't work to fix this issue.

Make sure drivers are the latest.. or try finding even later developer or beta drivers -- that is if you are already on the latest.

Which games exactly...?

• paxton676
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #5 by paxton676 Replied by paxton676 on topic Screen Goes Black with Shaders ON
I want Reshade forum member matsilagi to reply. He is the author of the 308 reborn MasterEffect that works with my games. I want him to find out what is different in the shader code that is causing the issue.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Screen Goes Black with Shaders ON

paxton676 wrote: On some of the OPENGL games I play the screen will go black.

It's more likely that's an issue with ReShade itself and not the shaders ... =)
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by crosire.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.