Final Fantasy XIII 2's depth buffer black screen

• chi150925
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #1 by chi150925 Final Fantasy XIII 2's depth buffer black screen was created by chi150925
I downloaded the latest ReShade (ReShade 0.19.2 Public Beta with SweetFX 2.0 Beta 8) and used it to display the depth buffer of Final Fantaxy XIII 2. Every time I enabled the depth buffer the screen went black. I have tried other effects (such as SPLITSCREEN) and they worked properly. It seems that the ReShade works properly. According to the list in reshade.me/compatibility , the ReShade can access the depth of this game. What should I do to get the correct depth?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SpinelessJelly
More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic Final Fantasy XIII 2's depth buffer black screen
I have never tried the game so is this only speculation but sometimes antialiasing can interfere with correct depth buffer correction, check that AA is disabled in your driver's settings. It doesn't make any difference with the version of Reshade you are using though, SweetFX does not contain any depth-based shaders.

• matsilagi
More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic Final Fantasy XIII 2's depth buffer black screen
If it has Multisample Antialiasing (MSAA), it will prevent ReShade from using its depth buffer.

Try disabling it if it has this option.

• chi150925
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #4 by chi150925 Replied by chi150925 on topic Final Fantasy XIII 2's depth buffer black screen
How can I disable the in-game MSAA?

• JBeckman
More
8 years 6 months ago #5 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Final Fantasy XIII 2's depth buffer black screen
You have to edit the games config file if I remember correctly, however disabling the MSAA effect causes glitches in-game so it's not recommended.

• chi150925
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #6 by chi150925 Replied by chi150925 on topic Final Fantasy XIII 2's depth buffer black screen
I found a custom launcher for Final Fantasy XIII 2 and used it to disable MSAA (i.e. set its level to 0). Afterwards, I rerun ReShade on the game and tried its depth buffer output. The same result (black screen) was observed. Is there anything I am missing in doing so?

• Sh1nRa358
More
8 years 6 months ago #7 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic Final Fantasy XIII 2's depth buffer black screen
If you are using gedosato, it's because gedosato is not compatible with the new update at all and durante won't fix it. If you're not using gedosato, don't use that launch and instead make a shortcut of the exe and use -MSAA=16. One of the reshades still allow DOF to work with MSAA on. 19.0 doesn't because there are errors that come up with with the dof shaders that I guess the creators know (they've never responded to my question about it and I haven't tried 1.0 yet). So try one of the older reshades and maybe that will help.

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Final Fantasy XIII 2's depth buffer black screen

Sh1nRa358 wrote: 19.0 doesn't because there are errors that come up with with the dof shaders

The ReShade version has nothing to do with the shaders, they are developed separatly (I'm not responsible for those =P ). You could use ReShade 1.0 but with shaders from multiple versions back for instance (the other way does not always work, because ReShade's shading language is constantly improved and thus newer features may be required, but there aren't many reasons to use an old version of the injector).
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by crosire.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.