[SOLVED] The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - syntax error

• ssjgoku4
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1 by ssjgoku4 The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - syntax error was created by ssjgoku4
hello everyone i have been using ReShade + SweetFX 2.0 for quite a time but this is the first time i have encountered an error. the thing is preset is for sweetfx 1.5.1. but i have used many 1.5.1 preset with sweetfx 2.0 but never got any error. i have searched forum about this issue and came to know that the preset might be in UTF-8 encoding is the cause of error. but i tried to change it to ANSI with notepad++ but still got the same error so plz help me figure out what is wrong here.

im getting this error - C:\Program Files (x86)\The Vanishing of Ethan Carter\Binaries\Win64\SweetFX/SweetFX_settings.txt(22, 1): error X3000: syntax error: unexpected 'identifier'

full log -
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by ssjgoku4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - syntax error
Preset is corrupt, the error message says it all. There is a word in line 22 which is not part of the source code and is not supposed to be there. I'm guessing the creator forgot to put it into a comment.

• ssjgoku4
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #3 by ssjgoku4 Replied by ssjgoku4 on topic The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - syntax error

crosire wrote: Preset is corrupt, the error message says it all. There is a word in line 22 which is not part of the source code and is not supposed to be there. I'm guessing the creator forgot to put it into a comment.

if u can repair this preset i will really appreciate ur help

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - syntax error
Hardly, without knowing which preset you are trying to use.

• ssjgoku4
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #5 by ssjgoku4 Replied by ssjgoku4 on topic The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - syntax error

crosire wrote: Hardly, without knowing which preset you are trying to use.

here is the preset link -

sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/2164/

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - syntax error
A lot is wrong with that preset. Seems like something messed up the line breaks. All the lines that don't start with "#define", "//" or are between "/*" and "*/" are wrong. Meaning, delete line 22, line 31, line 34, line 40, line 45, line 48, line 51, line 62, line 67, line 101, line 110, line 245, line 248, line 263, line 266, line 286 and line 305 (or comment them out with a "//" in front). I hope I didn't miss one, but you should get the idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssjgoku4

• ssjgoku4
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #7 by ssjgoku4 Replied by ssjgoku4 on topic The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - syntax error

crosire wrote: A lot is wrong with that preset. Seems like something messed up the line breaks. All the lines that don't start with "#define", "//" or are between "/*" and "*/" are wrong. Meaning, delete line 22, line 31, line 34, line 40, line 45, line 48, line 51, line 62, line 67, line 101, line 110, line 245, line 248, line 263, line 266, line 286 and line 305 (or comment them out with a "//" in front). I hope I didn't miss one, but you should get the idea.

thanks man that really fixed the problem now the preset is working fine.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.