Ive spent 3 whole days tweaking broken Cartoon

• ItsNotHectic
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #1 by ItsNotHectic Ive spent 3 whole days tweaking broken Cartoon was created by ItsNotHectic
On Fallout 4, trying to get it to work and its broken.

I have tried everything to manipulate it, all crazy sorts of AA and Lumasharpen settings and combinations, gamma curves. I even tried doubling up on FXAA and I also tried having ENB wrapper handle the sweetfx cartoon effect and reshade do the rest.

The effect just isnt strong enough and its algorithm needs a lot of improvement.

The problem is it makes grass flicker, it outlines grass, and even at the slightest setting it outlines trees when they are seen against the sky. It also makes lighting harsh, which is annoyingly noticeable in Diamond City.

I hope once the 1000 series cards are out we have a much more robust cartoon effect with a real cel shader. People on nexusforums want this theme but its just not worth having as grass is everywhere in the game and Im pretty sure someone out there using it would end up with a seizure.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by ItsNotHectic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.