[HELP]You can add DEPTH OF FIELD at THE DIVISION??

• Desmios
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #1 by Desmios [HELP]You can add DEPTH OF FIELD at THE DIVISION?? was created by Desmios
Unfortunately, I can only add DOF in full screen (including character), not just on the screen background.

Someone, please, could make a preset or explain why there is no way ??

thanks! :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JBeckman
More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic [HELP]You can add DEPTH OF FIELD at THE DIVISION??
As a online-only game ReShade will disable the depth buffer if it detects network traffic so no chance for it working in this game, as far as I know at least.
(Pretty sure it still sends and receives net traffic even with just you playing without a group of other players or outside of the hubs were you are together with others and not just instanced by yourself.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Desmios

• Elimina
More
8 years 1 month ago #3 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic [HELP]You can add DEPTH OF FIELD at THE DIVISION??

JBeckman wrote: As a online-only game ReShade will disable the depth buffer if it detects network traffic so no chance for it working in this game, as far as I know at least.
(Pretty sure it still sends and receives net traffic even with just you playing without a group of other players or outside of the hubs were you are together with others and not just instanced by yourself.)

I have used depth effects on MMOs and many other online games without it disabling depth effects. It might work in the Division if we are lucky. I will try it tonight to see

• crosire
More
8 years 1 month ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [HELP]You can add DEPTH OF FIELD at THE DIVISION??
It usually works as long as there are no other players on screen (as JBeckman noted).

• Desmios
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #5 by Desmios Replied by Desmios on topic [HELP]You can add DEPTH OF FIELD at THE DIVISION??
is there any way to solve this ??

thanks

• crosire
More
8 years 1 month ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [HELP]You can add DEPTH OF FIELD at THE DIVISION??
No. It's disabled deliberately.

• Desmios
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #7 by Desmios Replied by Desmios on topic [HELP]You can add DEPTH OF FIELD at THE DIVISION??
thanks guy's!!!

• JBeckman
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #8 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic [HELP]You can add DEPTH OF FIELD at THE DIVISION??
It's to try and limit ReShade being used as a exploit by using effects taking advantage of depth for say removing or altering effects making visibility easier and other things that might class as cheating and giving unfair advantages in online play, thus this limit is in place to prevent ReShade from being blacklisted so you lose some effects but you can still use the injector though very strict anti-cheat systems like e.g Punkbuster can still kick for generic reasons like detecting .dll file injection until the authors whitelist the ReShade .dll files.

EDIT: Ah I forgot something, if the game actually is usable with a depth buffer when there's less network traffic such as when out of the hub areas then it's possible that it's a depth buffer compatibility setting that is needed, I believe that this game would be using logarithmic depth which you can set in global.cfg. :)
(There's also settings for reversing and flipping the depth buffer detection code so if you enable logarithmic and it works but if you have depth toggling on and use it and the game area is white and the sky is black colored then reversing the depth buffer should work, similarly if the depth view is mirrored then flipping it should solve it and make effects like DOF and AO align correctly.)
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by JBeckman.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.