[SOLVED] Help me!

• GTAFan
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 weeks ago #1 by GTAFan Help me! was created by GTAFan
Hey guys. I installed recently Reshade 1.1, and configured Marty's DOF, using ENABLE_DOF=1, but when I load the game, ReShade says: SUCCEEDED!, but when i enter the game, it doesnt appear to load DOF shader. Here's a PIC if it helps: prntscr.com/ajxcee

I have the DLLs in the folder, the .FX file, ReShade folder with the Shaders and all that, but it doesn't load thr DOF. Can you guys help me please? I'm a little n00b, it's my first time using ReShade. I used Notepad C++ to edit McFX.CFG file to apply DOF effect, and used some setting that @Elimina gave me, but it doesn't appear to load DOF at all. Thanks in advance to read my post, and help me! ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Elimina
More
8 years 4 weeks ago #2 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic Help me!
For ReShade 2.0, Global.cfg has the Logrithmic depth option. In 1.1.0, I believe it is in the common.cfg

• GTAFan
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #3 by GTAFan Replied by GTAFan on topic Help me!

Elimina wrote: For ReShade 2.0, Global.cfg has the Logrithmic depth option. In 1.1.0, I believe it is in the common.cfg

Ok thanks. i copied my edited McFX file from Default Profile folder to GTA_SA profile folder but still, doesn't work. Going to test in that Logarithmic depth thing.

EDIT: It's working now, i edited 1 McFX and pasted it in all folders containing that same file. But it only appears DOF when i aim to the ground, i want DOF in all positions, so if i aim up/down/right/left it appears DOF.
Could you post there the solution to it?
Last edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by GTAFan.

• Elimina
More
8 years 4 weeks ago #4 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic Help me!

GTAFan wrote:

Elimina wrote: For ReShade 2.0, Global.cfg has the Logrithmic depth option. In 1.1.0, I believe it is in the common.cfg

Ok thanks. i copied my edited McFX file from Default Profile folder to GTA_SA profile folder but still, doesn't work. Going to test in that Logarithmic depth thing.

EDIT: Here's my Common.cfg file config, anything wrong?

////
//
///**GLOBAL**///
//
////
//-Global Defines-//

//>Common Suite General Settings<\\
//-Commentary:Welcome to the ReShade Framework.\nThe Common Suite contains all globally used values. For more information visit reshade.me/forum/shaderpack-framework .

//>User<\\
#define RFX_Start_Enabled 1 //[0:1] //-Start with the effects enabled or disabled?
#define RFX_Screenshot_Format 2 //[1:2] //-Sets the screenshot format (1 = bmp, 2 = png) You can take screenshots by pressing PrintScreen
#define RFX_ShowToggleMessage 0 //[0:1] //-Display a toggle message when using toggle key.
#define RFX_ToggleKey VK_SCROLL //[undef] //-Set the global key that should toggle the effects On/Off. Go to ReShade/Common/KeyCodes.h for additional key codes.

//>Core<\\
#define RFX_InitialStorage 1 //[0:1] //-Set this to 0 if you !only! use the SweetFX suite and want some additional fps.
#define RFX_DepthBufferCalc 1 //[0:1] //-Set this to 0 if run an application that does not allow depth buffer access or you use no depth dependent effects and want some additional fps.

//>Statistics<\\
#define RFX_ShowFPS 0 //[0:1] //-Controls the display of the FPS counter.
#define RFX_ShowClock 0 //[0:1] //-Controls the display of the realtime clock.
#define RFX_ShowStatistics 0 //[0:1] //-Controls the display of the detailed developer statistics.

//>Depth Settings<\\
#define RFX_LogDepth 0 //[0:1] //-Needed to retrieve values from logarithmic depth buffer (e.g. in GTA V).
#define RFX_PseudoDepth 0 //[0:1] //-To use or configure depth shader without acces to depth buffer.

What does your ReShade folder look like, just curious?

• GTAFan
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #5 by GTAFan Replied by GTAFan on topic Help me!
prntscr.com/ajy57i

EDIT: DOF loaded correctly but now, because I click in New GAME, it reloads ReShade, and i think it overlaps the first reload when entering the game. Then when i enter the game the DOF doesn't appear anymore. When i found the solution it loaded, and i got in love with the DOF, but now it doesn't load anymore. Solutions?
Last edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by GTAFan.

• Elimina
More
8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #6 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic Help me!

GTAFan wrote: prntscr.com/ajy57i

EDIT: DOF loaded correctly but now, because I click in New GAME, it reloads ReShade, and i think it overlaps the first reload when entering the game. Then when i enter the game the DOF doesn't appear anymore. When i found the solution it loaded, and i got in love with the DOF, but now it doesn't load anymore. Solutions?

Tabbing Out of the game's window and opening the window again should reload ReShade. Changing the resolution or Changing from full screen should reload ReShade as well.
Last edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by Elimina.

• GTAFan
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 weeks ago #7 by GTAFan Replied by GTAFan on topic Help me!

Elimina wrote:

GTAFan wrote: prntscr.com/ajy57i

Tabbing Out of the game's window and opening the window again should reload ReShade. Changing the resolution or Changing from full screen should reload ReShade as well.

Hey Elimina, thanks for the help. I found the solution: I had to delete my gta.set file In GTA SA User Files and now it loads just fine. And I edited the coonfigs you gave me, i created a ''Dynamic DoF'' (sort of). But can you help me in another thing? when im very high, DoF disappears. Can you drop some configs that can solve this? Oh, and this DoF gives me 0 lag, 20-25 fps steady using ReShade FPS counter inside the common file. If you can drop some config to fix the disappearing DoF when im very high, thanks. Then i'll drop a PIC here showing night time+DoF. Thanks for the help.

• Elimina
More
8 years 4 weeks ago #8 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic Help me!

GTAFan wrote: Hey Elimina, thanks for the help. I found the solution: I had to delete my gta.set file In GTA SA User Files and now it loads just fine. And I edited the coonfigs you gave me, i created a ''Dynamic DoF'' (sort of). But can you help me in another thing? when im very high, DoF disappears. Can you drop some configs that can solve this? Oh, and this DoF gives me 0 lag, 20-25 fps steady using ReShade FPS counter inside the common file. If you can drop some config to fix the disappearing DoF when im very high, thanks. Then i'll drop a PIC here showing night time+DoF. Thanks for the help.

If you want your DoF to be noticeable at every height and distance from objects, you will need to edit the infinitefocus option in the DoF section. Setting it to 1.00 will allow you to see DoF all the time, but during gameplay it is very hard to see. When you set it to 0.20 (The value I suggested), it works very well during gameplay, but like you said, you cannot see the DoF while you far away from the ground. I suggest messing with that setting to find a good balance for your tastes.

• GTAFan
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 weeks ago #9 by GTAFan Replied by GTAFan on topic Help me!
Nevermind, Marty gave me the answer in GTAForums. But, anyway, thanks for the help. I discovered i cannot change display settings in GTA_SA, but i do not need to, DK's SSE and ColorMod make my SA a lot more "clean" than vanilla.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.