Master Effect making game too dark

• SkacikPL
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by SkacikPL Master Effect making game too dark was created by SkacikPL
I tried to use reshade with Master Effect package on Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 (OpenGL), but it seems to make game (but only 3d parts of it) way too dark to be playable.
Here are two comparison shots:
Off:
i.imgur.com/phWd2Hf.jpg
On:
i.imgur.com/Gz4S4tR.jpg

Latter shot was taken with all ME effects disabled, just having this package hooked up to reshade seems to have that effect.
I'm on NVIDIA (970) if that does make any difference now.

Oh and reshade itself seems to work mostly fine with this game, sadly there's no access to the depth buffer it seems.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SkacikPL
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by SkacikPL Replied by SkacikPL on topic Master Effect making game too dark
It's been almost 3 days.

Nobody even willing to pitch an idea what may be the cause of this issue?

• Wicked Sick
More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Master Effect making game too dark
Willing I am, but just unable. I hope someone else can.

I am following this thread because I have put this game on my wishlist. And when I be able to buy it, I will want to use ReSahde with it as well.

PS: Does this game have Japanese voices?

• SkacikPL
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by SkacikPL Replied by SkacikPL on topic Master Effect making game too dark

Wicked Sick wrote: PS: Does this game have Japanese voices?

Yest it does, in fact mouth flaps in 2d/3d are only synced to japanese audio.

• Wicked Sick
More
9 years 2 months ago #5 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Master Effect making game too dark
Great, thank you.

• SkacikPL
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #6 by SkacikPL Replied by SkacikPL on topic Master Effect making game too dark
Uh, anyone? Please?

• SkacikPL
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #7 by SkacikPL Replied by SkacikPL on topic Master Effect making game too dark
Some more info on the case:
Adding a toggle does not work, nothing happens when you try to toggle the effects on/off.
When 3d rendering stops rendering new frames (happens on end-battle screen, it looks all good (as it does in 2d mode)
Character faces still look as bright as they should originally
Cell-shading seems to be kind of broken

• Wicked Sick
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #8 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Master Effect making game too dark
Bought it yesterday haha And the issue still persists haha using shaders to compensate doesn't seem too good.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Wicked Sick.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.