[SOLVED] Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do here?

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by Ioxa Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do here? was created by Ioxa
I'm trying to scale a texture down by half and then apply a blur to it. The way I have it set up now it blurs and then scales the image but when I try to apply another blur pass it returns a black screen. Can I only apply effects to the buffer image or am I doing something wrong?

Warning: Spoiler!

Ultimately I'd like to pass the already scaled image to the first blur pass or maybe pass the image to another scaled texture. Also, is it possible to upscale an image? When I tried using values < 1 it would cause an error.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do here?
Pass Q1 writes to frameTex2D, but at the same time samples from that texture (in GaussianBlurPS2). That's impossible, you can only read or write from/to a texture, but not both at the same time.
A way around would be to create two textures and switch between them (first write to the first, then read from that one while writing to the second, etc.).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ioxa

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do here?
Sweet, it worked! Thanks Crosire, you da man!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.