Just Cause 2's Depth Buffer is Flipped

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by luluco250 Just Cause 2's Depth Buffer is Flipped was created by luluco250
With ReShade 0.19.1 + Framework Just Cause 2's depth buffer no longer has artifacts on the closest depth, it is now flipped however. The game uses logarithmic depth buffer, an album demonstrating the problem can be found here: imgur.com/a/b2VAc
It's completely possible to use manual focus for a far depth of field effect, but auto focus is completely broken due to this issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Just Cause 2's Depth Buffer is Flipped
I will add a flip option for the next release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: luluco250

• vfxninjaeditor
More
8 years 8 months ago #3 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic Just Cause 2's Depth Buffer is Flipped
How did you get Just Cause 2 to show it's depth buffer? I can't seem to figure it out with this game. I have AA disabled and the DXGI.dll. Any insight?

• biliskner
More
8 years 8 months ago #4 by biliskner Replied by biliskner on topic Just Cause 2's Depth Buffer is Flipped
What do you see when you enable depth display?
Have you enabled RFX_LogDepth?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.