ReShade Framework Released (5102.04.28.1120)

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by Ganossa ReShade Framework Released (5102.04.28.1120) was created by Ganossa
Only one and a half week after the prior big release, here is the next update on the ReShade framework. Many of your requests have been take into consideration for this one! :lol:

Download this ReShade Framework Release from the download section of this website or HERE

As requested::
  • AL control of the HeatHaze shader can now ignore depth buffer values (under "AL ADAPTATION PARAMETERS" in the GemFX_settings.cfg)
  • Improvements to the adaptation algorithm (hopefully now with a little less compile time)
  • Added TiltShift effect (based on my GEMFX implementation)
  • Added TuningPalette shader which allows use color palettes (e.g. from Quake) or color maps (as used for ENB) with plenty of values to play around with

Further changes::
  • Little improvement to the UI-Mask algorithm
  • Many fixes for bugs introduced in the previous release

Enjoy and leave comments, impressions, pictures and videos as usual :side:

//As for last time, a preset for GTA V you can use as a foundation for creating your own can be found HERE
The following user(s) said Thank You: matsilagi, BrandonHortman, YOBA
The topic has been locked.
  • matsilagi
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #2 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.04.28.1120)
As promised

QBISM8 PALETTES

Image using the Quake 2 Palette.
Download
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by matsilagi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ganossa
  • borrisgame
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by borrisgame Replied by borrisgame on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.04.28.1120)
0.18.1 the very good there are more fps optimized =)

sorry bad english .......espagnol
  • BrokenDog
More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by BrokenDog Replied by BrokenDog on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.04.28.1120)
Thanks a bunch for the update, nice to see Tiltshift back, and the TuningPalette seems awesome.
  • matsilagi
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #5 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.04.28.1120)
Could not get ColorPalette (TuningPalette) to work in any games.
I enable it but it has no effect.
EDIT: Made it work, had to change the square size to 16x16
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by matsilagi.
  • MrBeer
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #6 by MrBeer Replied by MrBeer on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.04.28.1120)
I have a question i can get the sweetfx+reshade to work with no problem. Copy over the sweetfx_setting.txt file in the sweetfx folder.
In the first version of the framework all i did was rename sweetfx_setting.tx to sweetfx_setting.cfg and it worked.

in the new version 18x and 18.1 something as change i can't get it to work and i get errors and it don't work.

Also if i don;t change the files it works but i want to use the same setting i was using in sweetfx.

Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong.

Thanks for your hard work.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by MrBeer.
  • Sassy
More
8 years 11 months ago #7 by Sassy Replied by Sassy on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.04.28.1120)
#define TuningPaletteEffect 1 //[0 or 1] 0: ColorPalette; 1: ColorMap

Having this set to 1 is a huge hit to the shader init. on my end.
Setting it to 0 however works super fast in comparison.
Set to 1 it's nearly #Ambient_Light speed (which I NEED :cheer: )
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #8 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.04.28.1120)

MrBeer wrote: I have a question i can get the sweetfx+reshade to work with no problem. Copy over the sweetfx_setting.txt file in the sweetfx folder.
In the first version of the framework all i did was rename sweetfx_setting.tx to sweetfx_setting.cfg and it worked.

in the new version 18x and 18.1 something as change i can't get it to work and i get errors and it don't work.

Also if i don;t change the files it works but i want to use the same setting i was using in sweetfx.

Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong.

Thanks for your hard work.

The SweetFX configuration files might differ plus the framework uses namespaces which needs also a file for cleaning up after each suite. I recommend to check the values you use in your configuration file and change the ones from the framework configuration file accordingly.

Sassy wrote: #define TuningPaletteEffect 1 //[0 or 1] 0: ColorPalette; 1: ColorMap

Having this set to 1 is a huge hit to the shader init. on my end.
Setting it to 0 however works super fast in comparison.
Set to 1 it's nearly #Ambient_Light speed (which I NEED :cheer: )

I guess you mean the compile time at the start takes longer. Using the ColorMap effect activates the algorithm that retrieves the overall image brightness. This same algorithm is used for the adaptation shader of AL, HeatHaze, Bloom,... However, it will only calculate image brightness once so you have no additional impact if you use the ambient light shader with adaptation already :side:
  • Martigen
More
8 years 11 months ago #9 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.04.28.1120)
Been meaning to make a post thanking you LuciferHawk for the work on the UI masking. Fantastic stuff :)

Also a request... since some UIs change over time (thinking bringup the character screen in Pillars of Eternity atm), can we get to a stage where the shader code can recognise which mask to apply based on what's on screen? Lets say there are two masks, and we have a full frame in memory, being able to automatically apply the most similar mask to the frame?
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #10 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.04.28.1120)

Martigen wrote: Been meaning to make a post thanking you LuciferHawk for the work on the UI masking. Fantastic stuff :)

Also a request... since some UIs change over time (thinking bringup the character screen in Pillars of Eternity atm), can we get to a stage where the shader code can recognise which mask to apply based on what's on screen? Lets say there are two masks, and we have a full frame in memory, being able to automatically apply the most similar mask to the frame?

Thanks, there are yet some bugs with dx9 that I have to figure out (it seems to work different, which it should not in ReShade).

About your request, I thought quiet some time about constant mask changes but unfortunately there are many problems you will run into::
- creating a mask with some tolerance takes some time and would not apply instantly
- comparing two entire images (even estimates) for each frame is costly (especially for compilation)
- you would need to run the algorithm(s) the entire time instead of only once like now

If you have UI changes that will change a -lets say- 10 min on screen UI to another at least 10 min on screen UI, I suggest to just reset the mask you have in memory (which is already possible on pressing a key). With the current method you will not automatically identify a in-game menu cause usually you cannot move around while having it open. The helper works best for static UI - elements that are open during gameplay :)

Lets hope we get some sort of UI-By-Pass in the binaries sooner or later! :side:
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.