ReShade support for Direct to HMD mode VR

• Aragorias
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #1 by Aragorias ReShade support for Direct to HMD mode VR was created by Aragorias
Hey Guys,

As you might know SkyPat developed EDFX an amazing little program to add Reshade and SweetFX to Elite Dangerous.
However with the rise of VR it seems that it's impossible to have it work combined with 'Direct to HMD' mode that VR headsets are now using to move away from being an extended display.

This is a major shame.

When I asked SkyPat if he could fix this his response was as follows:

hello
]no i can't, i use third party ReShade DX injector framework and have no control on it.
]maybe you can ask ReShade team to make these DLL compatible.

So I may not be an expert, but what I do know is that a massive part of the Elite Dangerous Community (as well as many other games) have taken to using ReShade / SweetFX through EDFX. Many of these people will move to VR and in VR the effects are even better and impactful.

So I hope you guys here will take note and come up with a solution to make the DLL's compatible. That would be awesome :)

Thanks!
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Aragorias.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Elimina
More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic ReShade support for Direct to HMD mode VR

Aragorias wrote: Hey Guys,

As you might know SkyPat developed EDFX an amazing little program to add Reshade and SweetFX to Elite Dangerous.
However with the rise of VR it seems that it's impossible to have it work combined with 'Direct to HMD' mode that VR headsets are now using to move away from being an extended display.

This is a major shame.

When I asked SkyPat if he could fix this his response was as follows:

hello
]no i can't, i use third party ReShade DX injector framework and have no control on it.
]maybe you can ask ReShade team to make these DLL compatible.

So I may not be an expert, but what I do know is that a massive part of the Elite Dangerous Community (as well as many other games) have taken to using ReShade / SweetFX through EDFX. Many of these people will move to VR and in VR the effects are even better and impactful.

So I hope you guys here will take note and come up with a solution to make the DLL's compatible. That would be awesome :)

Thanks!

I know this doesn't answer your question, but why do you need to use a program to add ReShade/Sweetfx to Elite Dangerous? Can't you must put it where the .exe is? I have Elite Dangerous and I can add it to the game like any other without any need for another program. I am just a bit confused why people would need to add ReShade through another program if the game can easily detect ReShade via the normal installation

• Aragorias
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #3 by Aragorias Replied by Aragorias on topic ReShade support for Direct to HMD mode VR
To answer your question:

A. It's easier as it's an install file, you choose your game, select the ReShade + SweetFX settings you want and press OK.
It's a million times easier for a noob like me.

Also.. it doesn't answer my question.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 1 month ago #4 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade support for Direct to HMD mode VR
I suppose you have two conflicting libraries? In that case you can try to use a DX11 injector for one and load the other from the app root folder as usual.

Same is done with dx9 in case of ENB with the help of the enb injector.

• Insomnia
More
8 years 1 month ago #5 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic ReShade support for Direct to HMD mode VR

Aragorias wrote: To answer your question:

A. It's easier as it's an install file, you choose your game, select the ReShade + SweetFX settings you want and press OK.

I have huge respect for Skypat for creating that tool. But in the long run, I see people strugling to get it to work after FD update the game.
It's not very hard to use the text files to tweak things. In fact, using higher values than recommended can produce some cool results. :)

• Aragorias
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #6 by Aragorias Replied by Aragorias on topic ReShade support for Direct to HMD mode VR
1. I have NO idea how to use Reshade/SweetFX without Skypat's tool.... and I've spent significant time online trying to find a proper guide. For people who call it 'easy' it seems to be very hard to understand that for some people this is fucking hard.

2. NONE of this answered my question.. even without his tool the Reshade and SweetFX stuff doesn't work for Direct to HMD.. so it's useless for Oculus Rift CV1 or HTC Vive...

So I want to reiterate my initial question.

Insomnia wrote:

Aragorias wrote: To answer your question:

I have huge respect for Skypat for creating that tool. But in the long run, I see people strugling to get it to work after FD update the game.
It's not very hard to use the text files to tweak things. In fact, using higher values than recommended can produce some cool results. :)

• crosire
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade support for Direct to HMD mode VR

• Aragorias
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #8 by Aragorias Replied by Aragorias on topic ReShade support for Direct to HMD mode VR
awesome thanks.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.