Add support for DF24 in addition to INTZ on D3D9

• unic0rn
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #1 by unic0rn depth buffer black - INTZ related issue was created by unic0rn

26/03/2016 02:45:35:706 [02900] | TRACE | Adding depth-stencil 088BA700 (Width: 1280, Height: 1024, Format: 75) to list of possible depth candidates ...
26/03/2016 02:45:35:706 [02900] | TRACE | > Returned device object: 008E3A88
26/03/2016 02:45:36:647 [02900] | TRACE | Switched depth source to depth-stencil 088BA700.
26/03/2016 02:45:36:648 [02900] | TRACE | Failed to create depth-stencil replacement texture! HRESULT is '0x8876086c'. Are you missing support for the 'INTZ' format?

of course i am, it's radeon x1650 xt after all (and no, i'm not interested in answers suggesting getting a new gpu).

so the question is this: is there a chance to add DF24 support to reshade? radeons support INTZ only since hd4xxx onwards, so it's actually quite a limitation - those older gpus can run quite a lot of older stuff just fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic depth buffer black - INTZ related issue
I could add it in theory, but I have no hardware to test on, which makes things a little complicated ...
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by crosire.

• unic0rn
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #3 by unic0rn Replied by unic0rn on topic depth buffer black - INTZ related issue
is it more complicated than adding a check for radeons earlier than hd 4xxx and changing the buffer type, that is more or less few lines of code? silly question perhaps, but as far as i'm a programmer, i never dealt with direct3d/opengl.

if you could provide some test 32bit build, i would test it and paste the tracelog in case of any problems, if that helps.

• unic0rn
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #4 by unic0rn Replied by unic0rn on topic depth buffer black - INTZ related issue
any chance for some tests?

• crosire
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic depth buffer black - INTZ related issue
Added untested support for it now. Would be great if you can find me on Steam, so it can be verified on actual hardware.

• unic0rn
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #6 by unic0rn Replied by unic0rn on topic depth buffer black - INTZ related issue
not using steam, unfortunately :(

could you perhaps upload the test build somewhere, or send it via email?

• crosire
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic depth buffer black - INTZ related issue
Sure. Send a mail to info@reshade.me and I'll reply with a test build.
The following user(s) said Thank You: unic0rn

• unic0rn
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #8 by unic0rn Replied by unic0rn on topic depth buffer black - INTZ related issue
done

• unic0rn
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #9 by unic0rn Replied by unic0rn on topic depth buffer black - INTZ related issue
not to be a source of spoilers, but for those with radeons older than HD4xxx, depth buffer support is coming. i was only able to test DF24 support in 32bit build, but it's working perfectly.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.