Generic way to disable PP

• Kleio420
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Kleio420 Generic way to disable PP was created by Kleio420
Would there be any generic way down the road when there are more shaders out to disable the in game post processing or dump the effects in a text file so you can go through and choose which ones you still want to run then let reshade handle the rest of them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Generic way to disable PP
I'm planning to allow ingame shader replacement in the future, using ReShade's shader language.
Simply dumping such ingame shaders doesn't work: they are compiled objects and you get back shader assembly, which is very nice, but not everybody does understand ASM. It's not text, where you can just enable or disable things like you wish unfortunately =).

• Kleio420
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Generic way to disable PP

crosire wrote: I'm planning to allow ingame shader replacement in the future, using ReShade's shader language.
Simply dumping such ingame shaders doesn't work: they are compiled objects and you get back shader assembly, which is very nice, but not everybody does understand ASM. It's not text, where you can just enable or disable things like you wish unfortunately =).

yea i went to dump the kotor(knights of the old republic) opengl shaders with a tool someone made and that ended funny i had a 300mb log file and a folder full of shaders dumped in asm. With the logging what i was thinking probably shouldnt be done anyway as it could be used to cheat easier.The idea was based off how there are tools that allow you to get object id's to dump and be able to tell what shaders are being applied to that object.GeDoSaTo tool has something like this doesnt it so your able to get apply effects without effecting the in game HUD/UI elements.Im not to up on the know how of these things so bare with me if you dont understand something i say lol

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.