Functionality of switching LUTs ingame

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by Solano Functionality of switching LUTs ingame was created by Solano
It would be very comfortable to toggle through different Looks ingame without changing the source image in the config.
Is this feasable?

Best Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kleio420
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #2 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Functionality of switching LUTs ingame

Solano wrote: It would be very comfortable to toggle through different Looks ingame without changing the source image in the config.
Is this feasable?

Best Regards

you could do something like this
"#define TuningColorLUTDstTexture "CFX_ColorLUTDst.png" " just change the name you put in multiple LUT images , im sure you could list it but pretty sure this requires editing the colorcorrection.h file to enable multiple define parameters easiest is what i suggested but yes to both ways it can be done

#define TuningColorLUTDstTexture "myotherLUTIMG.png"
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Kleio420.

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Functionality of switching LUTs ingame
I could setup a simple separate ReShade.fx that cycles through 16 LUT textures periodically. I am not sure if more are possible as I remember a sampler limit of 16 per pass and as this will only need singlepass I think 16 is the limit of texturew I can use. This won't be a super huge shiny ass optimized code but just a small helper.

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by Solano Replied by Solano on topic Functionality of switching LUTs ingame
Hi Kleio420 - thanks for the hint.
Unfortunately I am no coder, I can read things and understand mostly what happens but I can´t create things happening myself in the ReShade world really...
I dont know how to list things so that ReShade can cull them.

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #5 by Solano Replied by Solano on topic Functionality of switching LUTs ingame
Hey Marty McFly - Your suggestion would be helpful for creating screenshots of the same scene with different looks created by the LUTs much faster! I think that would come in handy as well.

Would it somehow be possible as well to bind keys to a specific LUT / *.png which then gets loaded ingame on keypress?
A rough example: 10 Looks bound accordingly to the numpad?

Like I told Kleio420 - I am no coder therefore I can´t really estimate the feasibility for that.

Regards

• Kleio420
More
8 years 9 months ago #6 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Functionality of switching LUTs ingame

Marty McFly wrote: I could setup a simple separate ReShade.fx that cycles through 16 LUT textures periodically. I am not sure if more are possible as I remember a sampler limit of 16 per pass and as this will only need singlepass I think 16 is the limit of texturew I can use. This won't be a super huge shiny ass optimized code but just a small helper.

i was thinking more of enabling multiple keybinds to turn them on or off , through the colorcorrection file, or just going in and saying #define LUT "1" and that 1 having a texture being its value inside the color correction 1=myLUT.png , that way you could list multiple textures then still allow keybinds if the user wished.

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #7 by Solano Replied by Solano on topic Functionality of switching LUTs ingame
jeah exactly!
Just like in the game Shenmue back then.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.