BattlEye (Arma 3) - Comprehension Question

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #1 by Solano BattlEye (Arma 3) - Comprehension Question was created by Solano
At first
Congratulations to the 1.0 release to you all!
The project gained quality over every release.

Unfortunately here are a few things I don´t understand.

I made the Real Light preset series for Arma3 and over the time there have been always issues with BattlEye. People got black screens when starting the game - the game crashed at start, froze. No launch possible. But some didn´t!
For me personally this was never an issue. Not til 1.0. I could start Arma3 with 0.1.92 without any issues with BattlEye and connect to any online MP Server and ReShade worked and BattlEye didn´t cared at all.

Now I am testing the 1.0 release and suddenly I got the same issues.
Arma 3 doesn´t start anymore properly when BattlEye is enabled.

How is that possible? It was a riddle before when people used the same version of ReShade like me and they had issues and I had not but now it is for me broken too. I really don´t understand.
I never saw some kind of pattern or something - it worked for some people just like for me no matter which version of Windows. And some had issues like I mentioned with earlier versions already.

A second thing that bugs me is your naming convention which changed.
I wanted to make sure that you stick to it now or maybe not so I can decide wether I update my presets to the new conventions or to provide a "0.192" version with the old system / naming / folderstructure etc. of yours.
Of course only the files that are allowed to.

I hope you can clear these topics up and wish you all the best

Solano

Besides Restarting Arma a couple of times I did no changes and now I can suddenly start with BattlEye.
I really don´t understand that.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Solano.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic BattlEye (Arma 3) - Comprehension Question
Nothing really changed between 0.19.2 and 1.0.0, so the only explanation I have would be that BattlEye whitelisted 0.19.2 and the current version is not yet.

Solano wrote: A second thing that bugs me is your naming convention which changed.

I don't understand. It didn't? Version made a jump in the major part, which resets the minor and patch part to zero:
[Major].[Minor].[Patch].[Build]
   0   .  19   .   2
   1   .   0   .   0
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by crosire.

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #3 by Solano Replied by Solano on topic BattlEye (Arma 3) - Comprehension Question
It is just weird. At the moment it works for me again with BattlEye enabled.

About the naming conventions - I think I was not precise sorry.

I meant for example:
Effect Ordering is now pipeline

SweetFX_settings.cfg is now SweetFX.cfg and so on.

I have to convert all my presets now to this new convention or do I have a faulty reasoning here?

Regards

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.