[Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues

• Horus
More
8 years 7 months ago #21 by Horus Replied by Horus on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
I fix my launch problem with A3+ReShade forums.bistudio.com/topic/183128-real-li...page-11#entry2911264 :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Solano

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 7 months ago #22 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
That's strange. ReShade makes use of the high performance timer, but it's the first time I hear the timer being the reason for any sort of issues (in general, apart from ReShade).

• Horus
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #23 by Horus Replied by Horus on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
I'm not a programer but I think something in [strike]Arma code make this problem[/strike]...from other forum

They are completely independent things - TSC and HPET. They don`t know about each other. Question is - which to use for OS needs? Nobody can prevent programmer to use either TSC processor instructions or HPET in-out instructions in their code (unless HPET is disabled in BIOS).

...but when I force system to use HPET my problems with A3+RaShede disappeared.

P.S. I play War Thunder (DX11) too and I don't have any problem with WT+ReShade :)

P.S.S. but right now in WT (w/ or w/o ReShade) with bcdedit /set useplatformclock true I have stutter/delay in game menu but when I restore to bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock I don't have any stutter/delay :side:
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Horus.

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #24 by Solano Replied by Solano on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
The second user after you Horus reported me that it did the trick for him.
He as well couldn´t use ReShade in ArmA until your tweak!

Source: forums.bistudio.com/topic/183128-real-li...by-solano/?p=2911397

• Horus
More
8 years 7 months ago #25 by Horus Replied by Horus on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
@Solano I'm glad that someone helped :)

@Crosire I researched some more about this HPET subject and if I disable HPET in BIOS Arma 3+ReShade again don't want to start but War Thunder+ReShade start normally but this time I don't have any delay with in-game menu.

• xXZexxMooreXx
More
8 years 7 months ago #26 by xXZexxMooreXx Replied by xXZexxMooreXx on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
The only game I've had issues with is Arma 3. Not only has it happened with ReShade, but also without it. I did find a bug report where many people have had the same issue with the Arma 3 once the 1.5 update went live.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

• Horus
More
8 years 6 months ago #27 by Horus Replied by Horus on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues

Horus wrote: I'm not a programer but I think something in [strike]Arma code make this problem[/strike]...from other forum

They are completely independent things - TSC and HPET. They don`t know about each other. Question is - which to use for OS needs? Nobody can prevent programmer to use either TSC processor instructions or HPET in-out instructions in their code (unless HPET is disabled in BIOS).

...but when I force system to use HPET my problems with A3+RaShede disappeared.

P.S. I play War Thunder (DX11) too and I don't have any problem with WT+ReShade :)

P.S.S. but right now in WT (w/ or w/o ReShade) with bcdedit /set useplatformclock true I have stutter/delay in game menu but when I restore to bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock I don't have any stutter/delay :side:

This is problem with War Thunder and HPET forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/21...and-the-in-game-map/

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.