| WARN | > 'D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain' failed

• SAM609
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #1 by SAM609 | WARN | > 'D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain' failed was created by SAM609
Hi !
The game doesn't even start in this particular PC ( it works for so many others ) , here is the full d3d9.log :
Warning: Spoiler!

Do you have any idea what that warning message means ??!
cheers
SAM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rayce185
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #2 by Rayce185 Replied by Rayce185 on topic | WARN | > 'D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain' failed
I am having the same type of error with NFS Rivals (x64) with Reshade 1.0.0 and dxgi.dll using Windows 8.1

Warning: Spoiler!
(Error in bold)

I can play the game sometimes for an hour or two, sometimes only for 1-5 minutes just as the last couple of times today. After this the game won't start (black screen and DirectX error) and I have to reboot. No other DirectX game with Reshade will run until I do so.

I have all Windows Updates and all Visual C++ Redistributables.installed...
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Rayce185.

• crosire
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic | WARN | > 'D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain' failed
Those are not the same. The second is nothing to worry about, it's just the game checking for various Direct3D features and ruling those out that don't work (because unsupported on your system). Something is very wrong with your graphics card driver or DirectX runtime installation. The one by Rayce185 is a bug of the game, calling initialization with invalid arguments, rather than ReShade.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by crosire.

• Rayce185
More
8 years 7 months ago #4 by Rayce185 Replied by Rayce185 on topic | WARN | > 'D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain' failed
Thanks for your reply. I am guessing there isn't much I can do about it then...

• crosire
More
8 years 7 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic | WARN | > 'D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain' failed
While the first call to D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain fails, the game attempts an alternative initialization using Direct3D10.1, via D3D10CreateDeviceAndSwapChain1 and that one apparently succeeds. So it must be something else. Some overlay or similar software running?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.