[SOLVED] Diablo 3, amd + directx 11 + SweetFX=Not working

• H0PE
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #1 by H0PE Diablo 3, amd + directx 11 + SweetFX=Not working was created by H0PE
Long story short:

-Newest amd beta driver 15.9.1
-Latest Diablo 3 version v2.3.0.33567
-Reshade SweetFX v0.19.2 Public Beta with SweetFX 2.0 Beta 8

Issues:
1.) Using setup and selecting D3 through the sweetfx interface. Installing directx9 version, that breaks the game, D3 cannot be started, game crashes.
2.) Removing the dx9.dll from D3 folder that Sweetfx installed (d3d9.dll), copying and renaming dll to enable sweetfx dx11 support (dxgi.dll), game starts but no sweetFX is running

Request for help/fix:
Can I somehow enable Sweetfx to start with dx11 mode? Currently there is no other option for me as the amd driver had a lot of trouble recently, game was crashing for a lot of people. So I rather not revert to earlier amd vga drivers, as they got serious issues with the current diablo 3 version.
The only viable option now is to enable sweetfx to hook into directx11 rather than dx9 for D3. Not sure if I could do that in the options or something need to be fixed via the current versions?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• H0PE
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by H0PE Replied by H0PE on topic Diablo 3, amd + directx 11 + SweetFX=Not working
Uninstalled vga driver, installed newest beta amd gpu drivers for win10.
Now clean install of diablo 3 isn't crashing anymore going to specific acts.

Reinstalling Reshade Sweetfx package (default install dx9)=Crashing game.
Replacing the dx9 dll with the dx11 dll from SweetFX install, game starts up but sweeetfx isn't registered.

Workaround for the game for me to make it work (NO JOKE!):
Logging in to windows, and straight away starting battle.net then quickly click on play button for diablo 3... and it starts up with Sweetfx in directx9 mode. I suspect some windows/amd gpu driver initialization/hooking(?) screws up sweetfx dx9 dll after windows completely booted up some components/drivers. But this is just a guess, let me know what should I check how can we proceed...
So far it seems I'm just talking with myself though. :)

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Diablo 3, amd + directx 11 + SweetFX=Not working
Sounds very much like you have some software running which is interfering and starts up with Windows. Overlays, screen recording, streaming, game boosters, ... Like Razer Synapse, Dxtory, ...

• H0PE
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #4 by H0PE Replied by H0PE on topic Diablo 3, amd + directx 11 + SweetFX=Not working
Ok crosire, thanks a million you just solved my problem.
It war Razer Synapse's Stat causing the issue.

I've noticed that not one blizzard game "let" synapse track the button clicks. I would assume this is either a bug or a kind of cheat protection "engine" in some games?

I've turned stat gathering and it is working now.
Man you rock, thank you!

My next step is to report this to Razer because I would love that stat part to be working with my games. :)

• kgonepostl
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #5 by kgonepostl Replied by kgonepostl on topic Diablo 3, amd + directx 11 + SweetFX=Not working
RE-OPENED. I have no overlays running and it still crashes.
Log:
pastebin.com/tk5ntczN

It crashes Diablo III
Screenshot:
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by kgonepostl.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.