[SOLVED] FF14 Reshade+Mastereffects DoF issues

• serimorph
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #1 by serimorph FF14 Reshade+Mastereffects DoF issues was created by serimorph
I have tried to get this working and spent about 2 hours adjusting settings to try and get this to work but I have only half succeeded. It seems that DoF only works in very specific areas and once I leave them, the effect turns itself on and off randomly even when the screen isn't being moved at all. I have changed DoF methods and found that the gp65cj042 DOF method works the best... until I leave the housing area. after that though all of the different methods come and go when they please and I cant seem to work out what this could be. Any ideas what could cause an effect to turn itself on and off randomly in some areas but work perfectly in others?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic FF14 Reshade+Mastereffects DoF issues
That's how ReShade's depthdetection behaves sometimes. It's a quite complex algorithm, as there is no standard way to save the depth, so it has to find the best match out of a list of buffers the game creates (and that list can become big). Now sometimes there are two buffers that match the same criteria very closly and depending where you are ReShade either picks the first or the second, causing the effect you noticed. The algorithm isn't perfect yet and still needs improvement =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: serimorph

• serimorph
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #3 by serimorph Replied by serimorph on topic FF14 Reshade+Mastereffects DoF issues
Ahhh alrighty then. Thanks for explanation on that! Hopefully that issue gets sorted out down the track since this is amazing stuff to see when it's working right.

• ninjafada
More
9 years 3 months ago #4 by ninjafada Replied by ninjafada on topic FF14 Reshade+Mastereffects DoF issues
it's an online game so reshade should detect that and not allow use of the deph buffer , or it's only for a few game ?

• crosire
More
9 years 3 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic FF14 Reshade+Mastereffects DoF issues
ReShade will only disable the depthbuffer if actually playing multiplayer. Games like WarThunder are online games too, but ReShade allows depth access as long as you are on the ingame menu or you're playing one of the single player missions. However as soon as one enters a multiplayer match, access is turned off.

• ninjafada
More
9 years 3 months ago #6 by ninjafada Replied by ninjafada on topic FF14 Reshade+Mastereffects DoF issues
i know that but FF14 is a mmorpg so no single player mode

• crosire
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic FF14 Reshade+Mastereffects DoF issues
In that case the random on/off may be related to it in that ReShade turns off the depthbuffer when getting near to other players (and the network activity thus increases).
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by crosire.

• ninjafada
More
9 years 3 months ago #8 by ninjafada Replied by ninjafada on topic FF14 Reshade+Mastereffects DoF issues
i think so since when you change zone the game download lots of info from other players in the area
i wish we could remove the disable fonction for this game so i could use the DoF for recording videos ^^
not that important ^^
next step is the dx11 release in a few month

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.