Togglekey problem

• Nicholas Steel
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1 by Nicholas Steel Togglekey problem was created by Nicholas Steel
Yes I figured out how to configure the Togglekey, anyways the problem is that it inconsistently toggles the shader on and off:

As you can see it cycles randomly through 5 different states, often completely ignoring my press of the toggle button. For example:

Framework Enabled
Framework Disabled
SMAA Enabled
SMAA Disabled
Framework Enabled
Framework Enabled (It toggles, but the wrong message is showing)
SMAA Enabled
SMAA Disabled
SMAA Enabled
SMAA Disabled
Framework Enabled
Framework Disabled
Framework Enabled
Framework Disabled
SMAA Enabled
SMAA Disabled

etc. it's just so inconsistent! The toggle key was redefined to VK_Pause because VK_Scroll involves the Scrolllock key and I don't want to toggle the LED light on my keyboard.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Nicholas Steel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nicholas Steel
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #2 by Nicholas Steel Replied by Nicholas Steel on topic Togglekey problem
A similar issue happens with Darksiders II. The toggle key is ignored seemingly more than 50% of the time it is pressed, and the only messages I see when it works, indicate that the Frame Work is either toggled on or off. There is no message about the SweetFX/SMAA shader being toggled. The OSD text also doesn't change in appearance during the toggling which indicates that the SMAA shader isn't being applied.

The shader compiles successfully. I have a standard 101 US keyboard that uses a PS/2 connector. Windows 10 x64.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Nicholas Steel.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Togglekey problem
RFX_ToggleKey is "VK_PAUSE" and SMAA_ToggleKey is "RFX_ToggleKey"?

• Nicholas Steel
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #4 by Nicholas Steel Replied by Nicholas Steel on topic Togglekey problem
Yes, and the case is correct for them.

• Nicholas Steel
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #5 by Nicholas Steel Replied by Nicholas Steel on topic Togglekey problem

crosire wrote: RFX_ToggleKey is "VK_PAUSE" and SMAA_ToggleKey is "RFX_ToggleKey"?

Still an issue with ReShade v2.0.3.1120 and it's not just the one game I mentioned in the original topic that is plagued by this issue, it also happens with DarkSiders II (Dunno about Deathinitive Edition)
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Nicholas Steel.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.