[SOLVED] Cant get effects to work in gw2

• Daedalus
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1 by Daedalus Cant get effects to work in gw2 was created by Daedalus
I'm replacing sweetfx with reshade.

In prep I've moved everything not gw2 related out of my gw2 folder and deleted the bin and bin64 folders.
Download reshade 1.0 into a C:/program Files location. Start Mediator and point it to gw2_64.exe.
Create preset location as subfolder of the reshade install.
Create preset called GW2_Test and click Add

Made sure the d3d9.dll and d3dcompiler_43.dll file are both placed in the /bin64 folder.
Start game, get reshade welcome and "effects compiled successfully" message in upper left that goes away after a few seconds. so reshade is working. Close game

As test went to sweetfx panel in mediator and set Splitscreen on with setting 1 and Border with all sliders in middle. Just so I can make sure it works.

Press Apply and Push to Application(on bottom) - nothing changes when game is restarted.

No matter what I do I can't seem to get any effects to actually change ingame. Mediator run with admin privileges and firwall OK for unlimited run. GW2 also run as Admin. Using Win10 64 bit

help me, I miss sweetfx so bad right now :s
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Daedalus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Cant get effects to work in gw2
Try modifying the settings manually in GW2/bin64/ReShade/SweetFX.cfg. I'd recommend to enable some extreme effect like monochrome for testing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daedalus

• SpinelessJelly
More
8 years 5 months ago #3 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic Cant get effects to work in gw2
@ Daedalus: Did you activate the effects in the Pipeline tab first? It's similar to SweetFX's "Choose Effect" section, checking those boxes corresponds to changing the "define [shader]" value from 0 to 1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daedalus

• Daedalus
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #4 by Daedalus Replied by Daedalus on topic Cant get effects to work in gw2
my game folder reshade files isn't placed in guildwars2/bin64/reshade/
they are in guildwars2/reshade/
The pipeline section in Mediator has ticks in the Border and Spliscreen options, and then values adjusted in their tab in the SweetFX section.

In the Guildwars2/reshade folder the file SweetFX.cfg has the following settings made:
////----------//
///**BORDER**///
//----------////
#define USE_BORDER 1 //[Shared] //-Border : Can be used to create letterbox borders around the image.

//>Border settings<\\
#define border_width float2(1001,986) //[0:2048] //-(X,Y)-width of the border. Measured in pixels. If this is set to 0,0 then the border_ratio will be used instead
#define border_color float3(128,123,125) //[0:255] //-What color the border should be. In integer RGB colors, meaning 0,0,0 is black and 255,255,255 is full white.
#define border_ratio float(2.35/1.0) //[undef] //-[0.1000 to 10.0000] Set the desired ratio for the visible area. You MUST use floating point - Integers do not work right. Examples that work: (1680.0 / 1050.0), (16.0 / 10.0), (1.6) Examples that does NOT work right: (1680 / 1050), (16 / 10)

////---------------//
///**SPLITSCREEN**///
//---------------////
#define USE_SPLITSCREEN 1 //[Shared] //-Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode. (Only partially working right now)

//>Splitscreen settings<\\
#define splitscreen_mode 1 //[1|2|3|4|5|6] //-1 = Vertical 50/50 split, 2 = Vertical 25/50/25 split, 3 = Vertical 50/50 angled split, 4 = Horizontal 50/50 split, 5 = Horizontal 25/50/25 split, 6 = Curvy vertical 50/50 split

• Daedalus
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #5 by Daedalus Replied by Daedalus on topic Cant get effects to work in gw2
Think I've found issue, Mediators Push to application placed folder in game folder, not the bin64.
I tried moving the entire folder to bin64 and when I started game ½ the screen was a grey panel. IT WORKS!

This should mean I can use Mediator to make changes in its GUI instead of editing files, and then just move the files into the bin64 folde and replace the ones there when making changes, bit of a faff but hey if it works it works

Time then to try and recreate my sweetFX settings :) - thanks for clues

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.