Fallout New Vegas - Depth Buffer

• One3rd
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #1 by One3rd Fallout New Vegas - Depth Buffer was created by One3rd
Using Reshade 1.1.0, the depth buffer access doesn't seem to work properly while playing Fallout New Vegas. At the main menu it works perfectly but only while in the main menu. Is there any way to fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Fallout New Vegas - Depth Buffer
It should work fine as long as you are not in Power Armor mode. Also make sure MSAA is not active.

• One3rd
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #3 by One3rd Replied by One3rd on topic Fallout New Vegas - Depth Buffer
Thanks for the quit reply! I disabled MSAA and it now just seems to crash as I'm loading any savegame. Remove ReShade and it loads fine.

I thought maybe it had something to do with the FNV4GB or the small number of mods I'm using but I've disabled all of this with the same result. Strange, as everything works fine (apart from depth buffer) when MSAA was enabled.

• One3rd
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #4 by One3rd Replied by One3rd on topic Fallout New Vegas - Depth Buffer
It look like the issue has something to do with running it in windowed mode. When running it fullscreen with AA off ReShade works with depth buffer access. The Reshade key toggle seems to stick but eventually it works.

The same thing running the game in a window crashes as the level loads. There isn't much in the log file, the last entries are loading and compiling effect.
Warning: Spoiler!

Edit: Depth buffer doesn't seem to work anymore even fullscreen with AA off.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by One3rd.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.