Battlefront Game Freezes on Startup Logo Screen

• ZeroCell
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1 by ZeroCell Battlefront Game Freezes on Startup Logo Screen was created by ZeroCell
Was trying to install SweetFX on Star Wars: Battlefront and couldn't get past this issue. ReShade says effect loaded successfully, and the opening logos will even play properly, but as soon as I try to click on the screen anywhere it freezes. If the opening logos don't show up, then it gets stuck like the attached image:

goo.gl/photos/4hf8AxKdVcK7Tw2r7

Sounds very similar to an issue that Arma 3 players were having as I found here: www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/3kqr4d/fi...startup_crashfreeze/

Except that my laptop's BIOS doesn't have HEPT for me to mess with, so I'm kind of at a loss.

I have a Sager NP8651, not running any recording software or ShadowPlay, and working with the correct 64-bit dll. I'm a bit at a loss and would love to figure out where the hitch is! Anyone have any ideas?
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by ZeroCell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Battlefront Game Freezes on Startup Logo Screen
Does it work for other D3D11 games?

• ZeroCell
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #3 by ZeroCell Replied by ZeroCell on topic Battlefront Game Freezes on Startup Logo Screen
Don't actually have any other Dx11 games installed at the moment. If that's the best way to troubleshoot, I can do that, though.

Also of note, I've got my laptop in a triple monitor setup, which I've heard has caused issues with SweetFX for other games, but removing those was not helpful either.

• ninjafada
More
8 years 4 months ago #4 by ninjafada Replied by ninjafada on topic Battlefront Game Freezes on Startup Logo Screen
i have a little freeze too
the game starts in a black windows, reshade is loading then it goes fullscreen and the game is loading fine
but if i alt tab it freezes and i have to alt f4, if i clic or use keyboard i have a little freeze and sometime the "not responding" message if i wait it loads

• ZeroCell
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #5 by ZeroCell Replied by ZeroCell on topic Battlefront Game Freezes on Startup Logo Screen
When it jumps to fullscreen and freezes, it eventually crashes and displays a "starwarsbattlefront.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error message.

• ValiantThor
More
8 years 3 months ago #6 by ValiantThor Replied by ValiantThor on topic Battlefront Game Freezes on Startup Logo Screen
I'm having the same issue. I have a brand spanking new Alienware with 4GB graphics and 4K display ( www.costco.com/Alienware-17R3-Laptop-%7c...oduct.100233333.html ) I setup ReSahde using the D3D 10/11. I read in another post to run the game as Admin but that doesn't work either. I'm pretty bummed that I cannot get ReShade to work :( If anyone can help i would very much appreciate it.. Thanks everyone.

Screenshot of frozen screen: imgur.com/YFJUXpz

• ninjafada
More
8 years 3 months ago #7 by ninjafada Replied by ninjafada on topic Battlefront Game Freezes on Startup Logo Screen
you should check if the game use the geforce or the intel graphic card when it crashes

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.