[SOLVED] How do I uninstall SweetFX ?

• Hairy
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #1 by Hairy How do I uninstall SweetFX ? was created by Hairy
Hi.

I've tried uninstalling and there is no info on how to do this in the readme that came with the program. Even in Control panel there is nothing.

So how do I uninstall it ? I want to install ReShade Framework instead.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Hairy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SpinelessJelly
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #2 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic How do I uninstall SweetFX ?
You need to remove the files manually from your game's folder. If you are using the old SweetFX 1.5.1, these are
SweetFX (folder)
d3d9.dll
d3d9.fx
dxgi.dll
dxgi.fx
injector.ini
log.log
shader.fx
SweetFX readme.txt
SweetFX_preset.txt
SweetFX_settings.txt

In case you are trying to remove SweetFX v2 with Reshade it depends on which version you are using - the files for Reshade 0.18 with SweetFX are
SweetFX (folder)
EULA.txt
README.txt
ReShade Setup.exe
ReShade.fx
ReShade32.dll
ReShade64.dll
Sweet.fx
One of the Reshade##.dll files will be renamed to d3d9.dll, dxgi.dll or d3d11.dll, you need to remove that one too.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by SpinelessJelly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hairy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.