DOF shader doesn't work [pCARS, Reshade v1.1.0.0]

• polyneutron
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #1 by polyneutron DOF shader doesn't work [pCARS, Reshade v1.1.0.0] was created by polyneutron
Hello everyone! I finally got my hands on Reshade v1.1.0.0, and I must admit that you guys did an amazing job out there, seriously! The effects are great, and are really fun to test, even though personally I'd prefer the way the configuration was done earlier (when there was one main config file (*"MasterEffect.h") that would handle all the "shader stuff" going around) - I still find the whole "setting up"-thing quite easy and interesting to experiment with. Many thanks to everyone involved!

Now, the problem is that I've encountered a DOF shader problem in v1.1.0.0 compared to prev. pre-release builds (*specifically 0.18.3) of Reshade. With prev. version everything seem to work, as you can see the scene depth buffer appears just fine:
Warning: Spoiler!

Using new version all I get is an empty black screen, I'm not sure but probably it has something to do with the DOF shader itself, since other shaders work w/out any problems at all:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic DOF shader doesn't work [pCARS, Reshade v1.1.0.0]
Not the DOF shader. ReShade is unable to find the correct depth buffer for some reason. It's interesting that it works fine with 0.18.3 though, I'll take a look at it.

• polyneutron
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #3 by polyneutron Replied by polyneutron on topic DOF shader doesn't work [pCARS, Reshade v1.1.0.0]
Any news, crosire? Don't get me wrong, I'm not willing to rush or hurry you up. I'm just asking if something can be done there. ;)

• crosire
More
8 years 2 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic DOF shader doesn't work [pCARS, Reshade v1.1.0.0]
For now simply use the 0.18.3 binaries with the 1.1 shaders.

• polyneutron
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #5 by polyneutron Replied by polyneutron on topic DOF shader doesn't work [pCARS, Reshade v1.1.0.0]

crosire wrote: For now simply use the 0.18.3 binaries with the 1.1 shaders.

Ah, if only I knew how to actually include McFly' DOF shader there. Since 0.18.3 is far more "advanced" and "complicated" than prev. versions I was working with I have no clue how to add a shader in order to be recognized by Reshade.

I did a similar thing only once back in time when I used 0.11.0 when I added externally downloaded DOF shader to the Reshade (*You might remember - or not - that there was a trouble with blurry image in NFS HP2010, I even created a thread here on forums. Thus it was the one and only time I added a specific shader manually - martinsh' DOF, and since then the method I used to isn't working now. One can't just add
#include <<external shader name goes here>>
and expect it to work properly since not just McFly's DOF.h contains lots of parameters, but it also has its own cfg file.

I'm really sorry for bringing it up again, crosire, but any help would be highly appreciated. First and foremost, thanks for your patience !

Regards,
polyneutron

• crosire
More
8 years 2 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic DOF shader doesn't work [pCARS, Reshade v1.1.0.0]
Huh? As I said. Use the 0.18.3 ReShade DLL only and the 1.1 ReShade folder + ReShade.fx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: polyneutron

• polyneutron
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #7 by polyneutron Replied by polyneutron on topic DOF shader doesn't work [pCARS, Reshade v1.1.0.0]

crosire wrote: Use the 0.18.3 ReShade DLL only and the 1.1 ReShade folder + ReShade.fx.

:woohoo: YAY! It actually worked, I never would have thought it's THAT easy! Thanks, crosire!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.