Depth Buffer in Half Life 2 not working

• Megamawman
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #1 by Megamawman Depth Buffer in Half Life 2 not working was created by Megamawman
Hello everyone,
I am currently trying to get ReShade to work in HL2 but the depth buffer is completely empty. I tried setting it to logarithmic but that made no difference. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kleio420
More
8 years 2 months ago #2 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Depth Buffer in Half Life 2 not working

Megamawman wrote: Hello everyone,
I am currently trying to get ReShade to work in HL2 but the depth buffer is completely empty. I tried setting it to logarithmic but that made no difference. Any ideas?

turn msaa off

• Megamawman
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #3 by Megamawman Replied by Megamawman on topic Depth Buffer in Half Life 2 not working
:( That didn't work unfortunately.

• Elimina
More
8 years 2 months ago #4 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic Depth Buffer in Half Life 2 not working

Megamawman wrote: Hello everyone,

ReShade does not have access to any Source game. You can still enable things like AO from the Nvidia control panel, but things like depth of field requires other mods to get these effects

• Megamawman
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #5 by Megamawman Replied by Megamawman on topic Depth Buffer in Half Life 2 not working
Is it possible to activate it? Btw, the games list actually says that it is "perfect." So that is a bit misleading. ;P

• Elimina
More
8 years 2 months ago #6 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic Depth Buffer in Half Life 2 not working

Megamawman wrote: Is it possible to activate it? Btw, the games list actually says that it is "perfect." So that is a bit misleading. ;P

I have tried to find a way to see if there is some weird activation for it, but I have had no success. I have had to use strange Technics like enabling the "Toy Town" Effect in the post processing menu to get the Nvidia depth buffer to work, but I haven't found any way to get ReShade to find the depth buffer

• DeMondo
More
8 years 2 months ago #7 by DeMondo Replied by DeMondo on topic Depth Buffer in Half Life 2 not working
Although without any ReShade files, you can actually get Ambient Occlusion & Depth of Field fully working in HL2 with these methods:

[1] Use this to add Depth of Field, Ambient Occlusion, and Lighting tweaks:
steamcommunity.com/app/290930/discussions/2/611701999529460640/

[2] Half Life 2 ENB - Depth of field and Ambient Occlusion:

(via ReShade it didnt work either for me in HL2)

• Elimina
More
8 years 2 months ago #8 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic Depth Buffer in Half Life 2 not working

DeMondo wrote: Although without any ReShade files, you can actually get Ambient Occlusion & Depth of Field fully working in HL2 with these methods:

[1] Use this to add Depth of Field, Ambient Occlusion, and Lighting tweaks:
steamcommunity.com/app/290930/discussions/2/611701999529460640/

[2] Half Life 2 ENB - Depth of field and Ambient Occlusion:

(via ReShade it didnt work either for me in HL2)

:o I need to use this on Gmod

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.