[SOLVED] The Division - black screen upon launch

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #1 by MonarchX The Division - black screen upon launch was created by MonarchX
The game launches fine in either FullScreen or Windowed FullSreen modes without ReShade 2.01f1, but as soon as try to load it with ReShade, I get a black screen and all I can do is ALT+F4 out of the game. ReShade won't work wither FullScreen or Windowed FullScreen modes 90% of the time. SOMETIMES, it somehow gets through and works, but rarely. I tried different sets of drivers, but that did not resolve the issue. I also disconnected all displays but one, since some say current NVidia drivers have problems with multi-display systems.

LOG for ReShade64.dll renamed to DXGI.dll from ReShade 2.01f1 Framework:
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by MonarchX.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JBeckman
More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic The Division - black screen upon launch
You could try a different name for ReShade64.dll, I'm using dxgi.dll and haven't had any problems with the game (borderless display mode.) but d3d11.dll might work better for you. :)
(Or even d3d9.dll, if the game references the .dll ReShade should be able to load by any number of names, not sure if there's a best practice but for DirectX I assume d3dX.dll - x being 7,8,9,10 or 11 - or dxgi.dll works best.)

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #3 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic The Division - black screen upon launch
The 2.01f2 fixed the issue for me! I think it had something to do with TuningPalette, but now its working fine! Thanks Crosire - you're the best!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.