[SOLVED] Major frame drops during FO4

• Kathrynfr
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #1 by Kathrynfr Major frame drops during FO4 was created by Kathrynfr
I'm not quite sure what's going on with my game while using reshade but randomly when I open my pip-boy, or any menu my frames will drop to 15-25 for about 5 minutes or so or until I alt+tab a lot, and if it doesn't resolve after than I need to restart the game. I've been using enb for a long time and decided to go ahead and try reshade again, I recently upgraded to windows 10, is there some compatibility issue I'm missing? When it does work just fine I get 50-60 fps which is most times, any help would be appreciated :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dwill0328
More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by Dwill0328 Replied by Dwill0328 on topic Major frame drops during FO4
Is this only while using reshade and having it enabled?

What are your pc specs? How much ram do you have?

• crosire
More
8 years 1 month ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Major frame drops during FO4
You need at lot of VRAM if you enable some demanding effects like DOF or SSAO in ReShade, or otherwise framerate drops can be expected. In that case, try to lower texture resolution in Fallout.

• Irkie500
More
8 years 1 month ago #4 by Irkie500 Replied by Irkie500 on topic Major frame drops during FO4
If you are using SSAO I believe it has a TexScale option as well that reduces the rendering resolution that may free up some VRAM. You can use some extra blurring to compensate for the loss of SSAO resolution.

• Kathrynfr
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #5 by Kathrynfr Replied by Kathrynfr on topic Major frame drops during FO4
The only effects I have on are a light DOF. I lowered my textures to high and I'll see how that goes.
I've got 8gb of ram with a gtx 760
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Kathrynfr.

• crosire
More
8 years 1 month ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Major frame drops during FO4

Kathrynfr wrote: gtx 760

Has 2GB of VRAM in most cases.

• SirArthurStreebGreebling
More
8 years 1 month ago #7 by SirArthurStreebGreebling Replied by SirArthurStreebGreebling on topic Major frame drops during FO4
I actually had this problem too when i was playing fallout with reshade when it first came out and never found a solution to it.

I was using a 290x at the time, which should have been enough to handle both really.

• Dwill0328
More
8 years 1 month ago #8 by Dwill0328 Replied by Dwill0328 on topic Major frame drops during FO4
Yeah 2gb of video ram is not enough if you are serious about gaming. Heck my 4gb card is too small for some of the latest games

• Kathrynfr
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #9 by Kathrynfr Replied by Kathrynfr on topic Major frame drops during FO4
I see now thanks. I'll be upgrading soon enough, thanks for the help. Lowering textures to high helped though.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.