Performance

• Prodousier
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Prodousier Performance was created by Prodousier
Have anyone else problem with performance when Reshade is enabled ? When I start game everything is fine but after few minutes my fps drops a lot but this problem persists even when I disable Reshade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ShoterXX
More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #2 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Performance
Game? ReShade version? Settings used? Do you mean disable ReShade, as in, with the toggle button?
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by ShoterXX.

• Prodousier
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Prodousier Replied by Prodousier on topic Performance
Trackmania Turbo, 2.0.2, some sweetfx effects and bloom + lensdirt, yes

• crosire
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Performance
Reduce game's texture quality. ReShade needs some VRAM to work.

• Wicked Sick
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #5 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Performance
How much vram does ReShade needs?

• crosire
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Performance
There is no general rule. It highly depends on the game and circumstances. But at least screen width * height * 4 bytes. Depth access doubles that. Than some additional working buffers sometimes (Direct3D 11 on Windows 10 requires a workaround to write the final result of ReShade back to the screen which uses another width * height * 4 buffer for instance). And every texture used by the effects you enable need storage too of course (uncompressed, so it's much larger than the compressed PNG files).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, SpinelessJelly, mindu

• mindu
More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #7 by mindu Replied by mindu on topic Performance
Thanks for the explanations, it help us to understand a little bit more about the plumbers, so which format should we use in our textures in order to save a little extra work to ReShade converting the textures? *.dds uncompressed, *.png uncompressed?
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by mindu.

• LosKiwa
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #8 by LosKiwa Replied by LosKiwa on topic Performance
Hey, I'm also having really big impacts on my performance since 2 weeks. I've been using SweetFX for 3 months, and everything was okay. But these days I've been having a trouble: everygame with SweetFX or Reshade runs at 10 fps. I don't know, but it takes A LOT of my FPS. Please tell me what to do, because once you try SweetFX, you can't play with it. For example, yesterday, I ran the ReShade Setup Tool of ReShade with SweetFX 2.0 on Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, and even in the main menu, I had like 30 fps. My ingame FPS were like 10-15 fps. I have to say that I'm on Windows 10, but the problem started using Windows 8.1 Pro. I always have my drivers up to date. Some of my PC specs:
GTX 660
Intel Core i5 4440 3.1 GHz
8 GB RAM

I recorded an ingame video. If you need more information or something, I can upload it. Just tell me.

• crosire
More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Performance

mindu wrote: Thanks for the explanations, it help us to understand a little bit more about the plumbers, so which format should we use in our textures in order to save a little extra work to ReShade converting the textures? *.dds uncompressed, *.png uncompressed?

The file format doesn't change things. The format in GPU memory is determined by what is set in the shader file.
This texture won't be compressed:
texture MyTexture { Format = RGBA8; };
This texture will be compressed using the DXT3 algorithm:
texture MyTexture { Format = DXT3; };
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, mindu

• Wicked Sick
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #10 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Performance

crosire wrote: There is no general rule. It highly depends on the game and circumstances. But at least screen width * height * 4 bytes. Depth access doubles that. Than some additional working buffers sometimes (Direct3D 11 on Windows 10 requires a workaround to write the final result of ReShade back to the screen which uses another width * height * 4 buffer for instance). And every texture used by the effects you enable need storage too of course (uncompressed, so it's much larger than the compressed PNG files).

I like when you talk dirty to me, ooohh

I jest. Thank you man.

• Prodousier
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #11 by Prodousier Replied by Prodousier on topic Performance
I found out "gauss" effect is bad optimized, consumes some performance.

• JBeckman
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #12 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Performance
I could be wrong but my assumption is that some effects are just very demanding and the shaders are fairly well optimized by now though some smaller gains might be possible still. :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.