My GTA 5 crashes whenever I try to go fullscreen

• crazYAtari
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #1 by crazYAtari My GTA 5 crashes whenever I try to go fullscreen was created by crazYAtari
Hi guys, I'm really loving the reshade effects when I use borderless, but I can't go fullscreen mode to enjoy the 60 fps, and whenever I press ALT+ENTER, the game just freezes and then crashes. This is pretty frustrating, and I'd really like to know what is causing the game to crash whenever I try to go into fullscreen mode. I use a laptop, so that may be the problem, but when Reshade wasn't installed, the game worked just fine in fullscreen. If you need more info from me, I'd be glad to provide it.
Thanks for your help.
My laptop is a Lenovo Y50
GTX860m, i7 4700 HQ, 8GB RAM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PevinKapa
More
7 years 11 months ago #2 by PevinKapa Replied by PevinKapa on topic My GTA 5 crashes whenever I try to go fullscreen
I am having the same exact issue (ASUS ROG, GTX 870m, i7-4700, 8gb ram). 60fps on vanilla with Very High or higher settings and also with CrystalReality 1.1.

I can run the game fine, but only as long as it's windowed, which i do not prefer at all. When I choose the fullscreen option, it freezes and then crashes soon after. No solution thus far :(.

• xpz24
More
7 years 6 months ago #3 by xpz24 Replied by xpz24 on topic My GTA 5 crashes whenever I try to go fullscreen
Same thing happens to me. I think its an issue with laptops with switchable graphics. All games crashes when using exclusive fullscreen (Unless you use integrated gpu). Currently all games I have work fine in borderless windows mode other than dota 2 64bit & 32bit version

• skarmx2
More
7 years 5 months ago #4 by skarmx2 Replied by skarmx2 on topic My GTA 5 crashes whenever I try to go fullscreen
same problem here, ROG GL552JX GTX950m i7 8GB RAM. I have got it run ONCE in fullscreen in my entire time modding GTAV. I went into settings ingame (while windowed), and set the display option to "fullscreen" and quickly pressed cancel (ESC) and it stayed in fullscreen without crashing. But now ive played in windowed so much even if i got fullscreen back it wouldnt change much.

• skarmx2
More
7 years 5 months ago #5 by skarmx2 Replied by skarmx2 on topic My GTA 5 crashes whenever I try to go fullscreen

xpz24 wrote: Same thing happens to me. I think its an issue with laptops with switchable graphics. All games crashes when using exclusive fullscreen (Unless you use integrated gpu). Currently all games I have work fine in borderless windows mode other than dota 2 64bit & 32bit version

so you're saying theres a possible fix? What do you mean by integrated GPU?

• Shoham
More
3 years 7 months ago #6 by Shoham Replied by Shoham on topic My GTA 5 crashes whenever I try to go fullscreen
I actually use iGPU but when I'm going to full screen my game freezes as well

• Shoham
More
3 years 7 months ago #7 by Shoham Replied by Shoham on topic My GTA 5 crashes whenever I try to go fullscreen
Integrated GPU means u don't have graphics card, and your CPU does the graphic word

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.