cannot open ReShade.fx in HITMAN™2015

• Gmkzmn
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #1 by Gmkzmn cannot open ReShade.fx in HITMAN™2015 was created by Gmkzmn
Hello,

I was told never seen this issue on SFX DB forum and suggested this forum on it,so please help.

As the title.
I can't get all of presets to work.The same error occurs every time.
But in another game-Warhammer the end timed Vermintide, works fine.

error log:
06/05/2016 03:20:56:377 [10208] | ERROR | Failed to preprocess effect on context 000000002F5E1240:
error: Cannot open file "D:\steam\steamapps\common\Hitman?\retail\ReShade.fx"

I am now on Win10,there is this issue since I was on Win7.
What I tried
verify integrity of game cashe
re-installed the game into C drive
turned off steam overlay and the other overlay software(RTSS)
upgraded OS from Win7 to Win10
clean install of Win10
launched the launcher and the game as administrator

Are there any solutions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic cannot open ReShade.fx in HITMAN™2015
Update your ReShade version. You are way too far back. Newer versions (since 1.0) support unicode paths, which is required for the "TM" in the directory name to work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gmkzmn

• Gmkzmn
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #3 by Gmkzmn Replied by Gmkzmn on topic cannot open ReShade.fx in HITMAN™2015
Thank you for your advice.In conclusion,I could get it to work "somehow".Because the same trouble had occured.Why...?
I eventually removed "TM" from the folder name and then directly launched the game not from steam library.
Thank you so much anyway.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.