[SOLVED] IL2 1946 SetPixelFormat issue.

• BrokenGL
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by BrokenGL IL2 1946 [OpenGL] SetPixelFormat issue. was created by BrokenGL
Hi Crosire,

Really old OpenGL engined flight simulator is failing to start with ReShade. Log indicates invalid pixel format when createcontext is called.

Game uses 32 colour bits, 24 depth bits and 8 stencil bits.

I know it's a case of diminishing returns to keep catching and creating workarounds for ancient game engines especially when it seems that ReShades goal is to be a generic framework, but this was the game I tested reshade on so here's the bug report.

Warning: Spoiler!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic IL2 1946 [OpenGL] SetPixelFormat issue.
Mind also posting the tracelog (or its part around "SetPixelFormat", which prints out some more info about the problematic format)? =)

• BrokenGL
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #3 by BrokenGL Replied by BrokenGL on topic IL2 1946 [OpenGL] SetPixelFormat issue.
tracelog portion...

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by crosire. Reason: Added code tags

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic IL2 1946 [OpenGL] SetPixelFormat issue.
Any missing driver updates?
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by crosire.

• BrokenGL
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #5 by BrokenGL Replied by BrokenGL on topic IL2 1946 [OpenGL] SetPixelFormat issue.
Using an nvidia card which supports OpenGL 4.3 and drivers support 4.5.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic IL2 1946 [OpenGL] SetPixelFormat issue.
Would be interesting to see if it's that particular pixel format (though I'd be surprised, the properties with which it was requested are quite standard), which is the problem or something else. Mind getting on Steam? I'd send you a build which forces a different pixel format for testing and some other small tweaks ... =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrokenGL

• BrokenGL
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #7 by BrokenGL Replied by BrokenGL on topic IL2 1946 [OpenGL] SetPixelFormat issue.
Added you on Steam, my name on there is Moezilla.

• Jake53
More
9 years 1 month ago #8 by Jake53 Replied by Jake53 on topic IL2 1946 [OpenGL] SetPixelFormat issue.
Has there been any further development of this issue? I am encountering the same issue when trying to utilize ReShade for this title.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic IL2 1946 [OpenGL] SetPixelFormat issue.
Yes, I have a fix for it, but I'm not really happy with it yet, which is why it didn't make it into 0.15.0.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jake53

• Jake53
More
9 years 1 month ago #10 by Jake53 Replied by Jake53 on topic IL2 1946 [OpenGL] SetPixelFormat issue.
Alright cool, what should I look for in future change logs that will indicate the solution is included? Thanks for your efforts, and good luck with future developments. Looking forward to using ReShade in this game!

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #11 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic IL2 1946 [OpenGL] SetPixelFormat issue.

Jake53 wrote: Alright cool, what should I look for in future change logs that will indicate the solution is included?

I plan to have it fixed with 0.16.0. =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jake53

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #12 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic IL2 1946 [OpenGL] SetPixelFormat issue.
Update on this: Finally fully figured out the "why". For anybody interested: the game calls the undocumented "wglSetPixelFormat" directly, where it actually is supposed to call GDI "SetPixelFormat". This caused the context creation to fail. ReShade 0.16.0 now reroutes these illegal calls back to "SetPixelFormat" and by that fixes the issue.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrokenGL

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.