[SOLVED] No Man's Sky - was working now not

• amoebae
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #21 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic No Man's Sky - was working now not
I've been doing some more digging. Bearing in mind my technical expertise ends with creating ReShade configs and I have no idea about dlls or anything else...

I decided to ferret around in my system folders to see if anything looked odd. In Windows > System 32 nothing seemed amiss with the dates associated with opengl32.dll, but opencl.dll had been modified in the early hours of the morning on the 14th... which is when ReShade stopped working.

I can't find anything online specifically to do with opencl.dll and No Man's Sky. There's plenty to do with opencl.dll being corrupted/missing on Win10 machines (related to an update last year I think) but I'm on Win7 so it doesn't seem relevant. And there's plenty about opengl.dll and No Man's Sky, but likewise that doesn't seem relevant.

It seems I have an old version of opencl.dll from a restore point last year. Again, I stress my incompetence and ignorance in these matters - is restoring that file a potential winner here? (I've not restored/otherwise messed with system dll files before so I don't want to mess around with something that might potentially cause me more fatal problems unless it's necessary.)
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by amoebae.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Fever
More
7 years 7 months ago #22 by Fever Replied by Fever on topic No Man's Sky - was working now not
Ugh, I get the exact same error with 1.1.0. Game started crashing if opengl32.dll is in the folder yesterday. I really can't damn play without black borders and a touch of vibrancy :(
I really can't find a way to fix it.

• amoebae
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #23 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic No Man's Sky - was working now not
I'm sorry you're experiencing the same, Fever. I've found no way to fix it yet.

On the previous page there are instructions/a link to using an injector - I haven't tried it yet but you might have some luck so you can get your bars back!

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 7 months ago #24 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic No Man's Sky - was working now not
It is a really bizarre problem, but honestly, the injector is the only way around this for now.

• Fever
More
7 years 7 months ago #25 by Fever Replied by Fever on topic No Man's Sky - was working now not

amoebae wrote: I'm sorry you're experiencing the same, Fever. I've found no way to fix it yet.

On the previous page there are instructions/a link to using an injector - I haven't tried it yet but you might have some luck so you can get your bars back!

The link has been taken down :/

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 7 months ago #26 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic No Man's Sky - was working now not

Fever wrote:

amoebae wrote: I'm sorry you're experiencing the same, Fever. I've found no way to fix it yet.

I'll re-upload if anyone truly wants to try it out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fever

• Fever
More
7 years 7 months ago #27 by Fever Replied by Fever on topic No Man's Sky - was working now not

Aelius Maximus wrote:

Fever wrote:

I'll re-upload if anyone truly wants to try it out.

Well, I'd be grateful if you uploaded it back :P

• abrad1212
More
7 years 7 months ago #28 by abrad1212 Replied by abrad1212 on topic No Man's Sky - was working now not
Has anyone successfully fixed this issue?

• Fever
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #29 by Fever Replied by Fever on topic No Man's Sky - was working now not
Nope. Apparently that injector worked, but the link is down. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: Nevermind. This new version of NMSE finally makes ReShade work. nomansskymods.com/mods/beta-nms-extender...versions-compatible/
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Fever.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

• amoebae
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #30 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic No Man's Sky - was working now not
Oh my goodness, it makes ReShade work? I'll download it and check. I haven't used any mods yet (apart from a cheat table) but this could be the solution to so many woes! Thanks for linking to it.

• amoebae
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #31 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic No Man's Sky - was working now not
The extender makes ReShade work for me too. I thought it was a lost cause. So many thanks for the heads up, very grateful.

• Ayemeesk
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #32 by Ayemeesk Replied by Ayemeesk on topic No Man's Sky - was working now not
Hey there...
I am SO sorry to say that, but I have the exact same problem. And NMSE did not work for me :dry:

EDIT to clarify: I mean the same problem like sajittarius

I got a new GPU last Tuesday (AMD Radeon R9 380 8g) and since then the Shaders won't load. When I'm in game, the dialogue upper left stuck at Loading effect......
When I Alt Tab outside, I see the shader loads and actually applies to the game. But again, when I click on the game to play, the shader disappears.

Shadercache is off in AMD settings, SSAO is off, I've tried borderless - fullscreen - with border, deleted Shadercache in binaries, deleted all ReShade related files and tried to reinstall different versions (although not Version 1.1.0, is this still online somewhere?). NMSE starts perfectly fine - the only difference is, that when I start wir NMSE the stuck dialogue "Loading effect..." and FPS counter disappears. But the Shader is not added and the graphics are glitchy (like... surfaces are just straight lines. Can make a screenshot if it helps).

I have no clue what to do next. I can't enjoy this game anymore without ReShade, these muddy childrens toy-coloured blurry textures hurt my eyes.

Please, help :(
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Ayemeesk. Reason: to clarify problem

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.