[SOLVED] Silent Hill 2 CTD when Reshade loads

• FriskyNoodle
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by FriskyNoodle Silent Hill 2 CTD when Reshade loads was created by FriskyNoodle
I attempted Reshade with Master Effect on Silent Hill 2
Reshade set up detected d3d8.dll so I went along with it, pasted my Reshade.fx settings along with everything else. When I load up the game, as soon as Reshade says "Compiling effect..." In the top left corner of the screen, the game crashes to Desktop.

I had all shaders set to 0.

Crash dump: www4.zippyshare.com/v/AqfxZTXH/file.html
Log: pastebin.com/HABGzmmt

I really hope the issue can be assessed. If I posted in the wrong section, sorry about that, dont think I did though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wicked Sick
More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Silent Hill 2 CTD when Reshade loads
I also got a CTD but I managed to make it work by using the old way: The ENB convertor.

www.enbdev.com/convertor_dx8_dx9_v0035.htm

I got warnings with the normal SFX and the gauss effect Ioxa ported to ReSahde: i.imgur.com/q66DYEW.jpg

Here's with the Martin's stuff: i.imgur.com/xPJFnKB.jpg i.imgur.com/YgLSHCU.jpg i.imgur.com/Ji6ybsi.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: FriskyNoodle

• FriskyNoodle
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by FriskyNoodle Replied by FriskyNoodle on topic Silent Hill 2 CTD when Reshade loads
Thank you, I guess a workaround is nice. Might not be the place to ask, but did you run the resolution patch to play at a higher res than normal.

because it did not work for me.
>Run game
>640 x 480
>Run patch
>1920 x 1080
>Patch applied
>Load game
Still jaggies everywhere and same quality render res as before

Or could I just downsample the game somehow, set my own custom resolution through HEX Edit?

• Wicked Sick
More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Silent Hill 2 CTD when Reshade loads
I didn't use it, but left it here as a back up. I am guessing that it does the same of what I did long ago, altering in the .exe so the 640x480 will actually correspond to another resolution. I had mine set to 1920x1200.

So, install the patch and select the resolution you want to play, when inside the game options, select 640x480 and it should be normal.

• FriskyNoodle
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #5 by FriskyNoodle Replied by FriskyNoodle on topic Silent Hill 2 CTD when Reshade loads

Wicked Sick wrote: I didn't use it, but left it here as a back up.

I know this isnt the place to keep bumping the topic, add me on steam man.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Silent Hill 2 CTD when Reshade loads

14/02/2015 17:16:25,559 [490768] | ERROR | > Failed to reassemble shader:

I:\Silent Hill 2\memory(5,5): error X5539: (second source param) Modifiers are not allowed on constants for ps_1_x.

This is why it crashes.
Mind creating a tracelog and posting the part around this error message which contains the disassembled shader? ReShade fails to convert a D3D8 shader to D3D9 here and I need to know how that shader looked like to fix it. =)

• Wicked Sick
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #7 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Silent Hill 2 CTD when Reshade loads
Crosire, I am posting here the logs from Silent Hill 2 and 3. Both of them crashes upon start with ReShade on. Both set to D3D8.

I'd like to beg you for forgiveness, since I can't isolate it as it seems that you would like it. I am terrible sorry. Because of that, I will post the entire trace log here...

Silent Hill 2 with the Normal Log: pastebin.com/sYVfMUty
Silent Hill 2 with the Trace log: pastebin.com/Ai47JzTM

Silent Hill 3 with the Normal Log: pastebin.com/ZQzHR5aN
Silent Hill 3 with the Trace log: pastebin.com/qz7ktUEN

I hope I did it, at least, not entirely wrong.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Wicked Sick. Reason: N is near the L... NOT!

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Silent Hill 2 CTD when Reshade loads
Your logs are missing the parts I was talking about, so I'd suspect you have a different issue.

• Wicked Sick
More
9 years 2 months ago #9 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Silent Hill 2 CTD when Reshade loads
Perhaps it is because of how we did to handle the widescreen support for this game? There is a patch that modifies the exe for you and you can do it manually also. Maybe it is because of that? Well, anyway, thank you for looking. Mayhap someday, in the Future, it get fixed when you fix something else haha

For now, I can use the workaround mentioned earlier.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Silent Hill 2 CTD when Reshade loads
Fixed in 0.15.0.

• Wicked Sick
More
9 years 1 month ago #11 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Silent Hill 2 CTD when Reshade loads
Great ^_^

• FriskyNoodle
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #12 by FriskyNoodle Replied by FriskyNoodle on topic Silent Hill 2 CTD when Reshade loads

crosire wrote:

I:\Silent Hill 2\memory(5,5): error X5539: (second source param) Modifiers are not allowed on constants for ps_1_x.

Thats what I thought. Also, Im lazy, how do I create a tracelog?

1. Elevated CMD
2. "logman update perf_log -bs 128 -nb 10 25"
3. ???
4. Load game? heh

I honestly dont know.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.