FSX:Steam Edition CTD w/ dxgi.dll

• CaptKornDog1
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #1 by CaptKornDog1 FSX:Steam Edition CTD w/ dxgi.dll was created by CaptKornDog1
Been chasing this problem down forever with no real progress across ReShade 1/2, and now 3. Have upgraded to Win10 since then, so I figured I'd ask again now that the 3 beta is out. I'm by far, not an expert with shaders.

Has anyone been able to successfully use ReShade's dxgi.dll (any version at all) in DX10 mode in FSX:SE without either a) a CTD when clicking "show desktop" (Faulting module name: unknown) or b) a CTD at the opening screen by clicking "free flight" (Faulting module name: dxgi.dll or sometimes unknown).

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. I've been pulling my hair out for months over this. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• luluco250
More
7 years 7 months ago #2 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic FSX:Steam Edition CTD w/ dxgi.dll
Iirc I had crashes all the time with DX10 mode and ReShade.
It led me to just manually edit the game's post processing files (if you have bloom enabled).

If you really want to use ReShade, try using DX9 mode, it's more stable.
FSX is pretty glitchy in it's graphics department.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.