[SOLVED] Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?

• microtech
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #21 by microtech Replied by microtech on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
Wow I was shocked to see all these replies today! I am glad I am not the only one.

I saw folks talking about the Windows updates... I went and checked the latest Windows 10 updates and oddly enough the latest one from Sep 29 has some major updates... it changes the kernel and "input and composition" it says:

September 29, 2016 — KB3194496 (OS Builds 14393.222)
Addressed additional issues with multimedia,...Windows kernel... input and composition...

So maybe if someone really wanted to try they could remove that windows update? Maybe just a red herring but weird that they just changed something to input and the one guy said it stopped working after a Windows update. Hrmmmmm

All that info is from support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/w...ws-10-update-history
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by microtech.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mbm
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #22 by Mbm Replied by Mbm on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
but why does it affect the shaders games only..
is it the dxgi.dll that has something to do with the controllers? its as directX.dll right?
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Mbm.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #23 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
ReShade does a lot more than "just shaders". Nothing surprising here. How do you think the in-game GUI would be navigatable without any sort of input management in ReShade. And something breaks that system with this particular game for a few people.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gdiddy62

• Ryukou36
More
7 years 6 months ago #24 by Ryukou36 Replied by Ryukou36 on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
I use Reshade 2.0.3f1 on BF4 without any issues, like 2 hours ago I was playing. Your issue is very weird, my Xbox controller, keyboard and mouse works perfect.

• microtech
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #25 by microtech Replied by microtech on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?

Ryukou36 wrote: I use Reshade 2.0.3f1 on BF4 without any issues, like 2 hours ago I was playing. Your issue is very weird, my Xbox controller, keyboard and mouse works perfect.

Hrmmm something tells me you aren't on Windows 10 with the latest updates then. I just tried Reshade 2.0.3f1 and it has the exact same problem, no input and the log shows no input. Here is the log:

pastebin.com/DWaxayXq

• Mbm
More
7 years 6 months ago #26 by Mbm Replied by Mbm on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
really hope for a solution soon...

• microtech
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #27 by microtech Replied by microtech on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
I've been reading more about it and I see that error code 87 usually means "incorrect parameters" so maybe the parameters really did change in this latest windows update?

EDIT - just wanted to clarify what I meant, in the logs it has - 'RegisterRawInputDevices' failed with error code 87!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gdiddy62

• gdiddy62
More
7 years 6 months ago #28 by gdiddy62 Replied by gdiddy62 on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
I'm glad to see the issue is being narrowed down, because I too tried various versions of reshade with no luck, so it is obviously something within the Windows 10 update I believe, since my preset worked perfectly prior.
Leave it to mocrosoft to screw something up!

• Ryukou36
More
7 years 6 months ago #29 by Ryukou36 Replied by Ryukou36 on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?

microtech wrote:

Ryukou36 wrote: I use Reshade 2.0.3f1 on BF4 without any issues, like 2 hours ago I was playing. Your issue is very weird, my Xbox controller, keyboard and mouse works perfect.

Hrmmm something tells me you aren't on Windows 10 with the latest updates then. I just tried Reshade 2.0.3f1 and it has the exact same problem, no input and the log shows no input. Here is the log:

pastebin.com/DWaxayXq

I'm in the lastest Win 10 Version and I'm running few games from the same Reshade 2.0.3f1, without issues. Take a look, to the image. Maybe you're doing something wrong.

imgur.com/a/eLakh

• Mbm
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #30 by Mbm Replied by Mbm on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
the "funny" thing is that I have 2 PC both running win 10, origin games: Starwars Battlefront and Battlefield 4. Reshade 1.1
1 PC I get no input on both games.
2 PC I only get no input on SW BF. --BF4 runs fine with reshade

The shaders are the same as they are manually installed. Just copy/pasted folder: (Reshade), dxgi.dll and reshade.fx

Ive got addicted using the shaders...
have been trying with different dislplay settings, like digital vibrance, gamma etc.. But it cant give me the sharp- and crispy detail like the shaders do..
Really hope for a solution soon. So it can be used for the new BF1 as well

• Mbm
More
7 years 6 months ago #31 by Mbm Replied by Mbm on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
got it working again..
disabled all origin crap shit.

• microtech
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #32 by microtech Replied by microtech on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?

Mbm wrote: got it working again..
disabled all origin crap shit.

Hrmm nice, are you using the latest reshade? When you say disable origin I am thinking you mean the origin overlay, disable that right? Makes sense that the origin overlay and a reshade overlay may not play well together....

EDIT - Yes that is what is needed, go into origin, go to application settings, go to "IN GAME" which is hidden under the MORE drop down. Then here you want to disable the Origin "In Game" which is really their overlay that lets you do shift F1 or whatever it is to pull up a browser. Disable this and now reshade works fine.

Also I've found the origin in game is pretty useless anyway, it crashes a lot. I will open a browser to check something in the overlay, then leave and try to come back and it's gone forever. So really the origin in game overlay is pretty useless anyway, you aren't missing much!

• Mbm
More
7 years 6 months ago #33 by Mbm Replied by Mbm on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
yes it may be the overlay that did the job.. I disabled every option avalible though.
Origin havent updated the platform in many years, but suddenly they felt the urge :( It hasnt become better in my opinion.
the update came at the same time as a windows update, so I didnt know where to look for a solution to the problem and couldnt understand why input and shaders had any connection..
BUT we are now back on track.. ;)

• gdiddy62
More
7 years 6 months ago #34 by gdiddy62 Replied by gdiddy62 on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
:woohoo:
I'm very glad you found the issue!!

Thank you!!

• Mbm
More
7 years 6 months ago #35 by Mbm Replied by Mbm on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
hhhhmm somehow it doesnt work in BF1
Cant seem to disable origin ingame :(

• Skinner
More
7 years 6 months ago #36 by Skinner Replied by Skinner on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?

Mbm wrote: hhhhmm somehow it doesnt work in BF1
Cant seem to disable origin ingame :(

Same here, ReShade Framework 1.1.0 (cann't use 3.0, the ingame menu is to small with the scaling I use for 5K)

• Mbm
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #37 by Mbm Replied by Mbm on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
Also noticed my framecounter in user.cfg
Didnt show ingame only when loading.

Really hope we can get reshade working in BF1 also...
Disable origin ingame didnt do The job for BF1 :(

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.