[SOLVED] Can't get Reshade fully operational.

• Lyraina
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #1 by Lyraina Can't get Reshade fully operational. was created by Lyraina
I've spent probably the last three hours crawling all across the internet in an attempt to find a solution for this, but have so far been unsuccessful- so sorry if this is something easy, I don't have a lot of experience with these sorts of programs.

I am attempting to use reshade on Final Fantasy XIV.

I've managed to get Reshade up and running by manually copying all of the files and adjusting the text files to be at desired values- which has put those values into my game and made the graphics prettier. However, adding additional shaders and trying to toggle them on does absolutely nothing, and I've not been able to get the game to load into the framework application- I always receive a "recursive link detected" error. The only info I was able to find about this suggested removing all traces of reshade from the game folder, which I did- and this did not solve the problem. Specifically, I am attempting to use a depth of field greenscreen shader.

I also attempted to upgrade to the new 3.0; it tells me that it has been successfully installed to the game, but nothing in the folder changes and I can not open the in-game menu mentioned in the notes. I have tried this as a clean install as well with all other traces of reshade removed- it does nothing.

I'll be happy if I can just get the in-game menu or the framework application (preferred) functional, as I should be able to trial and error my way from there if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lowenz
More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Can't get Reshade fully operational.
Fully Operational as the Death Star? :D

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Can't get Reshade fully operational.
Don't try to install both versions, that's just asking for trouble. Get rid of all files ReShade 2.0. You can't use the old framework with new ReShade. You also cannot add new shaders to the old version easily, nor toggle them properly.
Run the 3.0 setup tool and select the game executable which is in the same folder you previously tried to manually install the old version to. Let it finish. Run the game and the ReShade 3.0 info splash should show up in the top of the screen.

• Lyraina
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #4 by Lyraina Replied by Lyraina on topic Can't get Reshade fully operational.

crosire wrote: ...in the same folder you previously tried to manually install the old version to.

Whelp, seems that this was my problem- I was attempting to run it from the default download location. Moved it into the game folder and it worked like a charm. 3.0 is up and running, in-game menu comes up with no problem at all.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.