[SOLVED] ReShade 3.0.2 - UI *Still* Broken

• FierySwordswoman
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #1 by FierySwordswoman ReShade 3.0.2 - UI *Still* Broken was created by FierySwordswoman
With the release of 3.0.2, I decided to once again try ReShade 3 hoping it would work after leaving beta.
Loaded up Star Wars Battlefront 2 as a test dummy and the UI once again completely broke:

Side note: I'd recommend leaving the ReShade 2 download up for reasons like this, for people whose favorite shaders haven't been ported yet, and for those who still play DirectX 8 games.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0.2 - UI *Still* Broken
DirectX 8 is still supported. Only difference is that the converter was separated into its own binary: reshade.me/d3d8to9
When installing to a DirectX 8 game, the setup tool will tell you that. The reason for that is that some users prefer dgVoodoo2 over d3d8to9 and it couldn't be used with d3d8to9 built-in.
There are little shaders not available or which effects cannot be achieved with the existing shaders in 3.0 by now and 2.0 is a complicated mess I'm happy is gone and I won't encourage people to continue using it by making it available for download =)

As for the UI bug: This is the first and only game I have seen anything like that in. I asume that's Direct3D 9? Will look into it when I find time.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by crosire.

• lowenz
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #3 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0.2 - UI *Still* Broken

crosire wrote: As for the UI bug: This is the first and only game I have seen anything like that in. I asume that's Direct3D 9? Will look into it when I find time.

In some old OpenGL games too the UI doesn't render perfectly (but it is still functional).
And in Enclave :p
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by lowenz.

• FierySwordswoman
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #4 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic ReShade 3.0.2 - UI *Still* Broken
Yes. Direct3D9 32-bit. I'm using Windows 10 Anniversary 64-bit w/latest NVIDIA drivers.

Oh. I didn't know you had a DirectX 8 converter floating around. I found it on the site now. Thanks.
Note: There doesn't seem to be a way to find the d3d8to9 page via the main site. I had to use Google.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by FierySwordswoman.

• Mobeeuz
More
7 years 6 months ago #5 by Mobeeuz Replied by Mobeeuz on topic ReShade 3.0.2 - UI *Still* Broken

crosire wrote: As for the UI bug: This is the first and only game I have seen anything like that in. I asume that's Direct3D 9? Will look into it when I find time.

Dreamfall (Longest Journey 2 , GoG version used without galaxy) has a similar issue: While in-game, the Reshade UI will appear and then become black and transparent, making it impossible to use. But, if you open Reshade while in the pause menu, the UI functions correctly.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0.2 - UI *Still* Broken
Fixed in 3.0.3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mobeeuz

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.