[SOLVED] Infinite 'Loading Effect...' Message EPSXE

• Sh1nRa358
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #1 by Sh1nRa358 Infinite 'Loading Effect...' Message EPSXE was created by Sh1nRa358
In EPSXE (any version) when using Pete's OpenGL2.9 plugin, 'Loading Effect...' stays on screen forever and it makes the emulator run very slowly. I have tried disabling everything on both ends but no dice. I don't know if this belongs here or in the Reshade troubleshooting section. Can anything be done with compatibility with this plugin for the emu? Using the SweetFX + Reshade bundle. There are no crashes.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Sh1nRa358.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Infinite 'Loading Effect...' Message EPSXE
The log should tell you which file modified causes ReShade to reload. Could you please post that? =)

• Sh1nRa358
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #3 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic Infinite 'Loading Effect...' Message EPSXE
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Sh1nRa358.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Infinite 'Loading Effect...' Message EPSXE
Oh, that app does something unexpected. I'll see what I can do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sh1nRa358

• paxton676
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #5 by paxton676 Replied by paxton676 on topic Infinite 'Loading Effect...' Message EPSXE

crosire wrote: Oh, that app does something unexpected. I'll see what I can do.

A fix would be cool. :)

In the meantime, Reshade 12 works normally with pete opengl 2.9 plugin.

This is the one emulator where I have to use an old version of Reshade.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by paxton676.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Infinite 'Loading Effect...' Message EPSXE
Probably won't fix this soon.
I'm currently assuming that OpenGL games render to a maximum of one window per thread. This assumption simplifies the cleanup progress and is true for pretty much every OpenGL game/app I tried so far, except for ePSXe. This one renders to two windows (one seems to be hidden or it's a subhandle of the main one) during one iteration of the render loop and thus confuses ReShade, which now cleans up and reinitializes on each window switch.
ReShade 0.12 handled OpenGL differently, which is why it works with that version. I won't go back to how it did things there though, because it would break compatibility with a ton of other OpenGL games.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Infinite 'Loading Effect...' Message EPSXE
You got lucky =). I'm pretty sure this is fixed in 0.16.0 due to how it handles OpenGL pbuffers separatly now.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: paxton676, Sh1nRa358

• paxton676
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #8 by paxton676 Replied by paxton676 on topic Infinite 'Loading Effect...' Message EPSXE
I am at work right now. I will test this when I get home tonight. :)

• paxton676
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #9 by paxton676 Replied by paxton676 on topic Infinite 'Loading Effect...' Message EPSXE
Just tested, it works. Now I don't need Reshade 0.12 anymore. :) The OP of this thread should be :) too.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by paxton676.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.