[SOLVED] Reshade negates to work in my system?

• blackdragonbird
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #1 by blackdragonbird Reshade negates to work in my system? was created by blackdragonbird
Hi,

I have created a topic some time ago about not getting reshade working with Dawn of Discovery(Anno 1404). Apparently there was something in my system interfering with reshade.

But now, I formatted my machine 3 days ago and bought Pillars of Eternity, installed the game and tried to make Reshade work with it. No success. First off all the executable detects the game as a OpenGL aplication. Renaming the DLL to d3d9.dll makes the game runs in DX11 mode, renaming the DLL do dxgi.dll makes the game run in default DX9 mode, creating 2 DLLs and renaming them d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll makes the game dont even starts.

No overlay software is installed yet, my game is the GOG version, no steam overlay too. My machine actually have only Windows 8.1 PRO x64 full updated, DX9 full updated, Geforce 347.26 driver, UniXonar 1.75 driver and mouse and G13 drivers installed.

There are someone that can help me track what is wrong with my system?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SpinelessJelly
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #2 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic Reshade negates to work in my system?

• blackdragonbird
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #3 by blackdragonbird Replied by blackdragonbird on topic Reshade negates to work in my system?
Unfortunately it's not my problem. Tried this clean boot thing and still nothing.

Here is the topic I created some time ago:

reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/246-ann...scovery-black-screen

Seems something is interfering with Reshade, but is not simple to find it. I'm thinking in reinstalling my system again from scratch, and this time try to find what is interfering with reshade, but I have no knowledge how this injector or any injector really works. I need someone to point what I need to do to track this problem.

=)

• crosire
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade negates to work in my system?

blackdragonbird wrote: First off all the executable detects the game as a OpenGL aplication. Renaming the DLL to d3d9.dll makes the game runs in DX11 mode, renaming the DLL do dxgi.dll makes the game run in default DX9 mode, creating 2 DLLs and renaming them d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll makes the game dont even starts.

Could you post the tracelogs with these attempts?

• blackdragonbird
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #5 by blackdragonbird Replied by blackdragonbird on topic Reshade negates to work in my system?

crosire wrote:

blackdragonbird wrote: First off all the executable detects the game as a OpenGL aplication. Renaming the DLL to d3d9.dll makes the game runs in DX11 mode, renaming the DLL do dxgi.dll makes the game run in default DX9 mode, creating 2 DLLs and renaming them d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll makes the game dont even starts.

Could you post the tracelogs with these attempts?

There are no tracelogs, the game starts, black screen with cursor, then crashes. No *.log files in the directory, created a log and then a tracelog manually to both DLLs but they are empty.

Like I said, my system is basically clean right now, even did a clean boot disabling no system services and still nothing.

If I reinstall my system to try to track this issue down, what are your recommendations in how to do it correctly to help isolating the issue? Any specific driver or installation procedure to follow. My windows is the 8.1 Pro X64.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade negates to work in my system?
Since you just reinstalled: Did you install the Visual C++ 2012 redistributable packages and the DirectX runtime?

• blackdragonbird
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #7 by blackdragonbird Replied by blackdragonbird on topic Reshade negates to work in my system?
Had the Directx Jun 2012 and VC ++ 2012 x64. Downloaded the 2012 SP4 x64 and x86 and installed both in my system, and seems that Reshade is working now. =)

Sincerely I don't remember if I had these exactly two versions before formatting my system.

Another thing. Installed Cities Skylines too, but it disables the F keys that activate some mods for the game, and don't work with steam overlay activated. Works with MSI afterburner overlay, but only if I uncheck the Custom Direct3d support. Strange.

I will start using it now with Pillars of Eternity and if I change something in my system that break Reshade I will report there, maybe it helps improve the injector to some "particular" incompatibilities.

Thanks for your work man. Cya.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade negates to work in my system?
Glad to hear that solved it =)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.