Guild Wars 2 crashes

• Eni
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by Eni Guild Wars 2 crashes was created by Eni
hi,
i have a quite strange problem with reshade 0.18.0 and gw2. when i start the game reshade starts, but once the game tries to load the character screen everything stays black and the game freezes without an error message.

at the moment i'm reinstalling gw2, because that's what helped in the case of one of my friends who had a little different problem with crashes. that is why i can't post any logs atm (forgot to save them before removing all folders ^^). i will post them once i'm finished and tried again to start gw2, but maybe someone knows from the description above what that problems causes.

i'm using win7 and a radeon r9 280.

greetings, Eni

edit:
here is the d3d9 tracelog file: pastebin.com/6JtFjZUe
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Eni.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Guild Wars 2 crashes
That's only the beginning of the log file, mind uploading the whole thing somewhere (pastebin has a character limitation)? =)

• Sassy
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #3 by Sassy Replied by Sassy on topic Guild Wars 2 crashes
Last time i had that issue it was caused by "#define AMBIENT_LIGHT 1" from the GemFX setting. After setting it to 0 at startup everything worked again. That was the only time i had that kind of issue so maybe this is helping. :)

Edit: Based on your endless log I guess it's something different in your case. :blink:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Sassy.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.