[SOLVED] ReShade 0.18 & SweetFX 2.0 (Bioshock 1 & 2)

• Legacy-ZA
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by Legacy-ZA ReShade 0.18 & SweetFX 2.0 (Bioshock 1 & 2) was created by Legacy-ZA
Hello,

First off, I would like to thank you for your dedicated work on this project. This project has breathed new life into old game titles that I like to re-play every now and again. :cheer:

I would like to pick some peoples heads for some information, I have hit a snag... I am trying to get my Bioshock 1 and 2 to work with ReShade 0.18 & SweetFX 2.0. I had a peek at the games compatibility list, which says it does support DX10/11. (DXGI) Now, Bioshock 1 & 2 does have DX10 support, however, I can't manage to get ReShade and SweetFX 2.0 to work on DX10. :(

However, there is some good news; I have succeeded in getting it to work just fine if I force DX9 via Steams' launch options. I doubt I have to say this, but one loses a lot of visual quality between DX9 and DX10. Things like reflections, improved shadows, steam etc etc. So I would really like to get this to work with DX10, I have googled and searched the internet to pieces, but I have found now threads or topics that relate to this problem. B)

I use Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64, I don't know if that should be a problem. I have succeeded in getting it to work on my OS on multiple other games with DX8 / 9 / & 11. *Edit* On second thought, I have removed DX10, as I struggled to get that to work with Deus-Ex 1 too, I had to use the DX11 from kentie.net in order to get it to work right with DXGI. I hope this helps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. :)
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Legacy-ZA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 0.18 & SweetFX 2.0 (Bioshock 1 & 2)
Could you expand on the "not working" a little more =P. Does it create a log? What's its content?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Legacy-ZA

• Legacy-ZA
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by Legacy-ZA Replied by Legacy-ZA on topic ReShade 0.18 & SweetFX 2.0 (Bioshock 1 & 2)
Sorry for the wait, I wasn't expecting a reply so soon... I didn't mean to be vague and ended up being exactly that. I hope the following information helps out a bit more. :)

Simply put, as I launch the game and enter the menu, it does not say anything about the shader being loaded. Which I can confirm as I don't see any changes being done in the game.

I have included a link to the log file for you. :cheer:

www.filedropper.com/dxgi_1

I hope that are able to get the file all right, I don't know of a very good website to quickly upload small files. I tested it, but hell, I dunno... :)

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 0.18 & SweetFX 2.0 (Bioshock 1 & 2)
Log says this:

30/04/2015 17:19:54:648 [14860] | ERROR | Failed to initialize Direct3D10 renderer! Check tracelog for details.

Mind creating a tracelog (rename the .log to .tracelog and run again)? =)

• Legacy-ZA
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by Legacy-ZA Replied by Legacy-ZA on topic ReShade 0.18 & SweetFX 2.0 (Bioshock 1 & 2)
Here is the log file you requested. B)

www.filedropper.com/dxgi_2

• cstarkey42
More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by cstarkey42 Replied by cstarkey42 on topic ReShade 0.18 & SweetFX 2.0 (Bioshock 1 & 2)
I've had the same issue trying to get 18.3 to work with Bioshock 2. I'm glad I found this post but it doesn't look like we're any closer to a solution. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it to work or if it is even possible to get it to work?

Thanks.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 0.18 & SweetFX 2.0 (Bioshock 1 & 2)
Your log too please =). The D3D10/11 renderers of ReShade seem to have a common bug, where they fail to initialize, but I wasn't able to reproduce it yet, so cannot find a solution until I am.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by crosire.

• cstarkey42
More
8 years 11 months ago #8 by cstarkey42 Replied by cstarkey42 on topic ReShade 0.18 & SweetFX 2.0 (Bioshock 1 & 2)

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 0.18 & SweetFX 2.0 (Bioshock 1 & 2)
May I ask which Windows version you are on and some hardware specifications? Because I'm still unable to reproduce these issues on this testing machine.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by crosire.

• cstarkey42
More
8 years 11 months ago #10 by cstarkey42 Replied by cstarkey42 on topic ReShade 0.18 & SweetFX 2.0 (Bioshock 1 & 2)
Sure thing. I'm running Windows 8.1, i7-3820, G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB, EVGA GTX 780 ACX SC, Kingston SSD, ASUS P9X79 PRO. I've tried it with the OC on my GPU turned way down, even off, and that didn't help.

Do you mean you're getting 18.3 to work on Bioshock 2? DX10 or DX9? I've pretty much given up on DX10 with the game, it just crashes way too easily, even without reshade or sfx. That still doesn't explain why reshade won't even start with the game though, that's still a mystery to me.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #11 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 0.18 & SweetFX 2.0 (Bioshock 1 & 2)
Tried Bioshock 1 DX10 and it ran fine, yeah. Will test Bioshock 2 too, but I'm expecting the same results.

• arko
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #12 by arko Replied by arko on topic ReShade 0.18 & SweetFX 2.0 (Bioshock 1 & 2)
forcing the bioshoc exe with -dx9 startup command makes the reshade 18.4 work fine in d3d9 mode, however when I rename reshde32.dll to dxgi.dll, and remove the -dx9 in launch options in steam it does nothing.

Tried sweetfx 1.4, cannot createe dxgifactory2 error, tried disabling steam overlay, tried a 1.1 exe crack from Detonation group no, none of them worked.

Nvidia 540m gt + Intel Hd3000 optimus, w8.1 x64. Game is running on Nvidia. Didn't try Intel as it would be horrible.

Any thoughts?
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by arko.

• crosire
More
8 years 10 months ago #13 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 0.18 & SweetFX 2.0 (Bioshock 1 & 2)
Was able to reproduce it on a Windows 8 and Windows 10 installation. After debugging I managed to fix it with a workaround. This seems to be a bug in Windows 8+, because what I'm doing is correct according to the DirectX documentation and Windows 7 thus runs it perfectly fine. On Windows 8+ however it throws an error without reason.
Will be "fixed" with the next release (it however adds two additional draw calls to the pipeline when not on Windows 7),
The following user(s) said Thank You: cstarkey42, Legacy-ZA

• crosire
More
8 years 10 months ago #14 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 0.18 & SweetFX 2.0 (Bioshock 1 & 2)
Should work with 0.18.5 now.

• arko
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #15 by arko Replied by arko on topic ReShade 0.18 & SweetFX 2.0 (Bioshock 1 & 2)
Thank you, let me try :)

Edit: THANKS! Working like a charm.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by arko.

• Legacy-ZA
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #16 by Legacy-ZA Replied by Legacy-ZA on topic ReShade 0.18 & SweetFX 2.0 (Bioshock 1 & 2)

crosire wrote: Should work with 0.18.5 now.

Geez, I am so blind, I really hate my eyes. I only now saw that the thread has more pages, I thought you forgot about me Crosire. :) Irony is, you must have thought the same of me. Sorry about that. lol, Anyhoo...

I have tried 0.18.5, the things I have noticed;

Bioshock 1 launches with dxgi.dll now, however, the game looks like this. It doesn't matter what settings I change in my video adapter options or in my SweetFX_Settings. It's the same even if I use DX9. With 0.18.3 it looked fine with DX9.

As for Bioshock 2, it launches, then, immediately closes down, it doesn't matter if I use DX9 or 10. As before it works fine in 0.18.3 with DX9

As I said, I use Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise

My computer specifications are:

Intel 4670k
MSI Z87 GD65
8GB G.Skill 2400Mhz
MSI GTX 760 4GB
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Legacy-ZA.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.