No effect in Shantae and the Pirate's curse

• v00d00m4n
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #21 by v00d00m4n Replied by v00d00m4n on topic No effect in Shantae and the Pirate's curse
Hello again, with recent update of Shantae they changed something in the way game works and now Reshade dont work again, this time its differen, actually when you start game it works during intro video, once you in menu reshade fully disabled, even overlay text, toggle button does not affect anything, and after few seconds reshade crashing game, same crash happens instantly if you try to go from fullscreen to windowed mode. SOmetimes game freeze right after video without showing menu.

Strange thing - if i start it with vanilla shader (blank one) no crash happens

Judging by how game crash and freeze after intro video that works ok and after resolution and mode change i suppose that could be related to method how game re-init rendering or changing it states.

Can you please check this game again and see whats going on?

Here the tracelog pastebin.com/cF8LBgwt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JBeckman
More
8 years 8 months ago #22 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic No effect in Shantae and the Pirate's curse
Wonder what they could have changed now, Steam or well the community forums for the game lists the update announcement as only adding support for some additional languages.
(But unlisted changes aren't anything new either and probably happens in a large number of software updates.)

• v00d00m4n
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #23 by v00d00m4n Replied by v00d00m4n on topic No effect in Shantae and the Pirate's curse
it happened 2 or 3 patches ago, first they rolled out patch that added keyboard rebinds and has false positive virus reports, next patch changed something to avoid false positives, but after that game started to crash with reshade, but they also changed something about vsync and they way resolution handled.

At the same time reshade changed something in DXGI swap chain and added some keyboard hooks, not sure its related but reason could somewhere here.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by v00d00m4n.

• crosire
More
8 years 8 months ago #24 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic No effect in Shantae and the Pirate's curse
I tried, but I'm unable to reproduce these issues. The game crashes sometimes at startup, but that's rather rare. Are you sure you didn't change something else? Does an older ReShade version work?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.