Total War Attila critical bug!

• klotim
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by klotim Total War Attila critical bug! was created by klotim
Total War Attila with latest reshade+Framework.

Everything went well, until the game first got stuck, then minimized itself and then compilation succeeded is stated, however the text is also multiplied by 2-3, as if reshade restarted itself 2-3 times, then all there is, is a black screen ingame with 2-3 reshade status texts.

It pretty much sucks, because IT HAD to happen during the last minutes of a huge battle that took me ~30 min

here's the log, and as you could see, from 19.34 everything went crazy.

All I did:
changing values to compile again = fail
ALT+Enter = fail
Turned off all effects = fail

It would be great if this could be fixed, this happened before but the black screen didn't happen so I didn't care more about that, the only issue then, was the performance drop. That Happened yesterday, Today everything as I said before gone critical.
Is it possible to completely uninject reshade? So I can see the game again, and save the game? That would be great. A key combo for example, ALT+ SHIFT + END.

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by klotim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Total War Attila critical bug!
That's one of the major issues with the D3D10/11 renderer right now. If anything goes wrong you'll just get a black screen instead of the original game.
I need to find a better way to handle MSAA than replacing the backbuffer completly to fix that.

• klotim
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #3 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Total War Attila critical bug!

crosire wrote: That's one of the major issues with the D3D10/11 renderer right now. If anything goes wrong you'll just get a black screen instead of the original game.
I need to find a better way to handle MSAA than replacing the backbuffer completly to fix that.

Hmm, is there a reason why there wasn't any blackscreen yesterday?

Also, I didn't use msaa, I used MLAA ingame setting with SMAA and prediction and color edge detect as the only setting in reshade
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by klotim.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Total War Attila critical bug!
MSAA was the reason it does things the way it does things. Doesn't matter if it's enabled or not. I'll rewrite parts of the D3D10/11 renderers and to it differently.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.