TES: Skyrim - strange shadows

• urgarulga
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by urgarulga TES: Skyrim - strange shadows was created by urgarulga
Hi!

pretty huge fan of the entire sweetfx/post-process tools and I was pretty excited to stumble upon this new tool. I immediately downloaded a fresh version of Skyrim and installed a few light mods (Unofficial Patches, SkyUI) and I also launch the game through Mod Organizer and SKSE. Additionally I installed ReShade 0.18.4 Public Beta with Framework.

Upon entering the game environment everything seems to be fine - until you move your camera. It seems like the previously rendered shadows stay and disconnect from their original position. I dont know how to explain it more precisely.

Here's a picture.

Also this is my .log file:

Warning: Spoiler!

After using google and browsing the forum I stumbled upon a temporary solution: to set bDeferredShadows=1 to 0. This solution fixes some problems, but the shadow bug still appears in some scenes and locations of the game, especially where fog is present.

I'd love to see this problem fixed.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by urgarulga.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BillyAlt
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by BillyAlt Replied by BillyAlt on topic TES: Skyrim - strange shadows
Highly doubt this is a bug with ReShade.

• Constantine PC
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic TES: Skyrim - strange shadows
This was present a few months ago when I tested.

If you say it's still there I believe you, I haven't played in a bit but it did bother me as well.

This happens with no mods as well just fyi.

• Kleio420
More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic TES: Skyrim - strange shadows

urgarulga wrote: Hi!

pretty huge fan of the entire sweetfx/post-process tools and I was pretty excited to stumble upon this new tool. I immediately downloaded a fresh version of Skyrim and installed a few light mods (Unofficial Patches, SkyUI) and I also launch the game through Mod Organizer and SKSE. Additionally I installed ReShade 0.18.4 Public Beta with Framework.

Upon entering the game environment everything seems to be fine - until you move your camera. It seems like the previously rendered shadows stay and disconnect from their original position. I dont know how to explain it more precisely.

Here's a picture.

Also this is my .log file:

Warning: Spoiler!

After using google and browsing the forum I stumbled upon a temporary solution: to set bDeferredShadows=1 to 0. This solution fixes some problems, but the shadow bug still appears in some scenes and locations of the game, especially where fog is present.

I'd love to see this problem fixed.

shadows in skyrim suck people who followed enb progress can attest to this , can you post what settings your using in reshade ? and a screenshot of your mod list would be super helpful

• urgarulga
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #5 by urgarulga Replied by urgarulga on topic TES: Skyrim - strange shadows

BillyAlt wrote: Highly doubt this is a bug with ReShade.

It only happens when I enable/add the d3d9.dll shipped with ReShade.

Kleio420 wrote: shadows in skyrim suck people who followed enb progress can attest to this , can you post what settings your using in reshade ? and a screenshot of your mod list would be super helpful

ReShade is still unconfigured; basically no shader is enabled. It's "out of the box" at the moment. Here's my Mod Organizer. I didn't change anything related to graphics or shadows in the skyrim settings/ini files.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by urgarulga.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.